dINI vs MySql

Hello, i could someone explain me the difference from having dINI and MySql?
Does it increase the performance of the server if you store your information in .ini files rather than in databases?

I would recommend MYSQL cause its more ressourcefree and more better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackazur
Посмотреть сообщение
I would recommend MYSQL cause its more ressourcefree and more better.
ressourcefree? I didnt understand.. mind explaining in more detail?

MySQL is better than y_ini.
y_ini is better than dINI.
I find it easier to use MySQL to create dynamic systems, it's also faster.
I'd definitely go with MySQL if I were you, unless you're new to PAWN.

mySQL has a lot more features. If you want to save simple stuff, sure use files, but use a good parser/writes such as y_ini, not dini..

For a small server, ini files are probably the better way to go. If you have a website that would take advantage of the saves being in MySQL, then go for MySQL. Using ini files will be faster if you're not running anything big.

Well, the actual difference between those two is, Dini saves the accounts in scripfiles whereas in MySQL everything is online. The most important advantage of MySQL is that you can create UCP for the server as fetching the data dynamically from MySQL is easy. No load on scriptfiles as everything is online. You can edit a user data from anywhere, no need to be in the script folder. There is a lot more you can do with the users in MySQL.

The other thing I like of MySQL server is that you can make a system that allows you to register from the fourm/website, no need to go in game for registering. So MySQL is the best!

They're two different approaches of saving data. But let me tell you one thing: Dini is outdated and terribly inefficient. I think it's been around since 0.1b and it hasn't changed ever since. Try SQLite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrum
Посмотреть сообщение
Hello, i could someone explain me the difference from having dINI and MySql?
Does it increase the performance of the server if you store your information in .ini files rather than in databases?
Everything these guys said ^^

If anything, go with MySQL, imo it's alot more user friendly. Only thing wrong with it is it's a bitch to script, but once you have it set up, your perfect to go.

I really don't understand why people only talk about MySQL?
MySQL is NOT SOMETHING that a beginner file-writer should start with!

You don't even NEED MySQL for SA-MP, I find it way stupid that people prefer MySQL over EVERYTHING.

MySQL is a database system made for HEAVY business management. And trust me, I only see supermarket's or huge corporate companies using MySQL for data storage.

Reasons why I hate MySQL -
Complex
Hard to set up
Takes up too much space (You need to install some database manager like XAMP or WAMP before you can start using MySQL)

Then what to use? SQLite is the answer.

SQLite is INBUILT in SA-MP, and is MUCH easier to manage.

No plugin, no password or etc. Just PLUG-N-PLAY!

You just need a 6MB SQLite database manager which can be downloaded from anywhere.

Why SQLite?
Easier to set up
Does not consume much space
Easier to manage
Probably one of the FASTEST system's out there (MySQL and SQLite run closely same, except I prefer to believe that SQLite is faster as it doesn't require plugins, and doesn't use stuff like WAMP or XAMP, and the language is much easier to manage, even though it doesn't offer the same features)
Less features, mainly aimed at what we're really going to be using (MySQL has stuff you'll NEVER EVER need if you're going to be creating simple gamemode's)
Easier to debug and fix (I've had problems mainly setting up the database itself, so I never actually properly used MySQL)

MySQL - something I'd prefer for bad-ass management with heavy protection and etc.
SQLite - something for general SA-MP coding or game coding.

You're not going to be managing millions/billions of user accounts at the same time. SA-MP has a number of maximum slots as 1000 (500 in other cases), so why use MySQL?

And just in case you want simpler file systems, go for Y_INI or SII, since you're not going to be around with it so long, efficiency doesn't matter as long as you don't plan to stick to that shit.