[Plugin] Timerfix plugin - A fix for every ttime related issue

Timerfix
Timerfix provides an improvement (increases the accuracy) to the timers system existent in SA-MP server.

Building
  • Windows: Open the samp-plugin-timerfix.sln and hit the `Build` button. Binaries will be located in the bin/ folder and will have the name timerfix.dll.
  • Linux: Type in terminal make. Binaries will be located in the bin/ folder and will have the name timerfix.so.
Installing
  1. Move the binaries in the plugins/ folder.
  2. Write timerfix (Windows) or timerfix.so (Linux) in the server.cfg at the end of the line containing plugins.
  3. Add the #include <timerfix> at the top of the script only if you want to use additional methods added.
Notes
  1. This plugin fixes the basic timer system existent in SA:MP (SetTimer, SetTimerEx, KillTimer) and GetTickCount.
  2. This plugin also adds new natives (player timers, which are automatically killed when the player disconnects; there is a hook in the include file), which require `timerfix` include file.
Benchmarks
I haven't done any yet.

For downloads please check the downloads branch for anything else check the project on Github.com

Change
Code:
#if defined TIMERFIX_OnPlayerDisconnect
		return TIMERFIX_OnPlayerDisconnect(playerid);
to
Code:
		return TIMERFIX_OnPlayerDisconnect(playerid, reason);
EDIT: + Add something like "KillPlayerTimer(timerid)", because I don't want to define for every PlayerTimer the delay untill the PlayerTimer is deleted. KillPlayerTimers delete all PlayerTimers, that's useless for me.

Looks good! Might actually consider using it, I want to see some benchmarks first

Definitely will try

I'm waiting for some benchmarking against fixes2.

May I ask what this thing does?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA-MP Wiki
Timer intervals are not accurate (roughly 25% off). There are fixes available for this on the SA-MP forums.
Apparently, this is one of the fixes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DFE]Ike
View Post
Change
Code:
		return TIMERFIX_OnPlayerDisconnect(playerid);
to
Code:
		return TIMERFIX_OnPlayerDisconnect(playerid, reason);
EDIT: + Add something like "KillPlayerTimer(timerid)", because I don't want to define for every PlayerTimer the delay untill the PlayerTimer is deleted. KillPlayerTimers delete all PlayerTimers, that's useless for me.
KillTimer(timerid) works for player timers too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicentric
View Post
Looks good! Might actually consider using it, I want to see some benchmarks first
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockk
View Post
I'm waiting for some benchmarking against fixes2.
Why? This is as fast as the basic timer system and ******'s plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticKiller
View Post
May I ask what this thing does?
SA-MP timers and all time related functions aren't as accurate as you may think. This fixes them.

I am pretty content with Slice's include: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=289675 . Why should I use this over that include, if you can please explain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cell_
View Post
I am pretty content with Slice's include: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=289675 . Why should I use this over that include, if you can please explain?
It is faster, uses less resources, fixes more issues, adds new features.

I've released v1.2. This fixes all player timers related issues. If you use them, please update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
View Post
Thanks, it's good. I don't know if it matters to you, but some reputation, you have earned! Cheers. Also, could you mind PMing me and sharing a few pointers with me about plugins? Writing them? Seeing that you are a plugin guy! (No, I don't want a link to the plugin tutorial.)
Well.. I started reading that plugin tutorial. I really don't know any better learning material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
View Post
What would I do if I was too repeat the timer? I see nothing related to repeating.
Please read the documentation. There is a "repeating" paramter.

Ah, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan..
View Post
* This plugin also adds new natives (player timers, which are automatically killed when the player disconnects; there is a hook in the include file), which require `timerfix` include file.
This per-player timers are very useful (i think i will use they in the future). I know per-player timers are scriptable, but in my opinion, everything made in C++(plugin, like these functions) are more accurately than in pawn. Good Job !

I just updated to v1.2 to find I couldn't connect to my server, reverted back to v1.1 and could connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
View Post
I just updated to v1.2 to find I couldn't connect to my server, reverted back to v1.1 and could connect.
Can you post your server_log.txt? I tested on multiple servers and it works fine.

I tested the timers with a 1000ms interval without this plugin and they are executed at a interval of ~1050ms, with this plugin they are at 1000ms +- 5ms (very accurate).

I have a suggestion, this could be useful (at least for me):
pawn Code:
native GetTimerCountLeft( timerid );
/*
    Returns:
-1: infinite timer (basic timers with repeating at 1 or improved timers with count at -1)
0: inexistent timers (timers with execution finished, or which didn't existed at all)
number of counts left: if there are counts left (improved timers)
*/

Pretty much a month has passed since the last post, but it's a really great and useful plugin.
I tested it on 1000 milliseconds timer with parameters and it was executed at 995-1005.

I'd like to learn though, how can I use the delay parameter. On the test, I set it to 1000, just like the interval.

Thanks and very good job!

EDIT: On a test at 5000 milliseconds, here's the results:

pawn Code:
[16:41:59] OnServerCheckMoney: 5006
[16:42:04] OnServerCheckMoney: 4773 // Ouch
[16:42:09] OnServerCheckMoney: 4999
[16:42:14] OnServerCheckMoney: 5001
[16:42:19] OnServerCheckMoney: 5003
[16:42:24] OnServerCheckMoney: 4998
[16:42:29] OnServerCheckMoney: 4996
[16:42:34] OnServerCheckMoney: 5004
[16:42:39] OnServerCheckMoney: 4997
[16:42:44] OnServerCheckMoney: 4997
[16:42:49] OnServerCheckMoney: 5001
[16:42:54] OnServerCheckMoney: 5002
[16:42:59] OnServerCheckMoney: 4998
[16:43:04] OnServerCheckMoney: 5000
[16:43:09] OnServerCheckMoney: 4997
[16:43:14] OnServerCheckMoney: 5002
[16:43:19] OnServerCheckMoney: 4993
[16:43:24] OnServerCheckMoney: 5004
[16:43:29] OnServerCheckMoney: 4914
[16:43:34] OnServerCheckMoney: 4994
[16:43:39] OnServerCheckMoney: 5000
[16:43:44] OnServerCheckMoney: 5001
[16:43:49] OnServerCheckMoney: 4997
[16:43:54] OnServerCheckMoney: 5000
[16:43:59] OnServerCheckMoney: 5003
[16:44:04] OnServerCheckMoney: 4998
[16:44:09] OnServerCheckMoney: 4996
[16:44:14] OnServerCheckMoney: 5001
[16:44:19] OnServerCheckMoney: 5001
[16:44:24] OnServerCheckMoney: 4996
[16:44:29] OnServerCheckMoney: 5000
[16:44:35] OnServerCheckMoney: 5003
[16:44:39] OnServerCheckMoney: 3703 // OUCH!
[16:44:44] OnServerCheckMoney: 4998
[16:44:49] OnServerCheckMoney: 5001
Excluding these 2 results, the rest of it seems to be good enough!

The delay should be the time that is required to pass after which the timer will start working.
Example: delay 5 sec, timer 1sec
5 seconds will pass and then a 1 second timer will start working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IstuntmanI
View Post
I have a suggestion, this could be useful (at least for me):
pawn Code:
native GetTimerCountLeft( timerid );
/*
    Returns:
-1: infinite timer (basic timers with repeating at 1 or improved timers with count at -1)
0: inexistent timers (timers with execution finished, or which didn't existed at all)
number of counts left: if there are counts left (improved timers)
*/
Also, another one:
pawn Code:
native GetTimerIntervalLeft( timerid );
/*
    Returns:
interval left: how many milliseconds left until the timer is called again
*/
Well... ?

I have a problem. I have this in my script:
Code:
mytimer[playerid] = SetPlayerTimerEx(playerid, "FunctionName", 990, true, "i", playerid);
And after, in OnDialogResponse i use:
Code:
KillPlayerTimer(mytimer[playerid]);
to kill the repeating process, but i don't know why, the timer aren't getting destroyed. It still repeats... It's a plugin bug, or i did something wrong?