Started a LAN Server But Can't Join!

Heres what I want to do:
-Make a LAN server using any 1 of my 2 available laptops.
-Simply open SAMP on both of them and connect to the created server and play!

Heres the problem
I created the server using 'laptop a'. Here is a copy of the server.cfg:
Код:
echo Executing Server Config...
lanmode 1
rcon_password PASSWORD
maxplayers 50
port 7777
hostname NabeelServer
gamemode0 grandlarc 1
filterscripts gl_actions gl_realtime gl_property gl_mapicon ls_mall attachments skinchanger vspawner
announce 0
query 1
chatlogging 0
weburl www.sa-mp.com
onfoot_rate 40
incar_rate 40
weapon_rate 40
stream_distance 300.0
stream_rate 1000
maxnpc 0
logtimeformat [%H:%M:%S]
So the problem is that my router has only 1 Ethernet output, which means that only one of the laptops can be connected to the internet at a time. That is not a problem when I play other games by simply connecting both the laptops with a single LAN cable, to each other. By using this technique I have played games like Minecraft, HL2M CS:S NFS:MW etc

But when I connect both the laptops to each other with a LAN cable and start a server, I add this IP to both of the favourite list: 127.0.0.1:7777

Now the laptop that started the server is able to join but the other laptop just shows: 'players 0/0, ping -' (i think, im not sure if it either show that or just 'retrieving info')

At first I thought that it could be a firewall issue, so I turned it off on both of them but it still didn't work.

Im hoping that the SAMP community can help me out!

Change your Router

A router with 1 ethernet port? That's quite odd. If you're absolutely sure that the device is in fact a router - not a modem - then you should hook it up to a switch. You can buy a cheap 4-port switch for less than Ђ10.

Ad-Hoc (peer-to-peer) connections usually don't work very well due to firewall issues. There also isn't a DHCP server that provides the IP addresses to your computers so you would have to set those manually, too. If no DHCP server is found then the computer will likely start to use an address starting with 169.254.x.x. This is now as an APIPA address and is used to signal that no DHCP server is present. These addresses don't work for communication.

No, im not sure that its a router, probably a modem. I was curious because every other multiplayer game has worked, but then again they had multiplayer built into them not as a mod...

Go to "run" then type "cmd" a window will appear type "ipconfig"
Then copy your IP to your samp on other laptop
if it didn't work tell me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error000
Посмотреть сообщение
Go to "run" then type "cmd" a window will appear type "ipconfig"
Then copy your IP to your samp on other laptop
if it didn't work tell me
He said he did 12.7.0.0.1 (local IP)
So obviously that won't work either

In my experience using an Ad-hoc network doesn't mean both computers have the same internal IP address...

You can pick up a ROUTER for like $10-15 nowadays w/o wireless capabilities... you should go do that and you won't have this issue with ANY of your games anymore.

@KiiD: 127.0.0.1/localhost re-directs to the computer that is trying to access 127.0.0.1/localhost

Generally, my networks start out with 192.168.x.x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
In my experience using an Ad-hoc network doesn't mean both computers have the same internal IP address...

You can pick up a ROUTER for like $10-15 nowadays w/o wireless capabilities... you should go do that and you won't have this issue with ANY of your games anymore.

@KiiD: 127.0.0.1/localhost re-directs to the computer that is trying to access 127.0.0.1/localhost

Generally, my networks start out with 192.168.x.x.
yes, mine too start with 192.168...... but that only happens when Im connected to the internet. And I guess I'll have to buy a router.... Thanks for the help though!

Okay, so I contacted my ISP and they told me to choose from one of these three routers, I'm not sure what do terms like "1*10/100M LAN Ports (Auto MDI/MDIX)" mean so I could use your help! Heres what I want in my router:
Atleast 2 LAN ports. (ethernet)
WiFi support.

http://www.tenda.cn/tendacn/product/...?productid=395
http://www.tenda.cn/tendacn/product/...tid=351&type=1
http://www.mt-link.com/products/wireless/mt-wr760n/

Currently I'm attracted towards the W268R, (the middle one).
I want you to tell me that how many ports does each one of them have, thanks!

I'd say the second option, the one you liked.