Help with VPS

I had setup my samp server on a VPS. And started the server using the commands

chmod +x samp-npc samp03svr announce
nohup ./samp03svr &

The server logs shows like the server is started on the port 7777. But my samp client is not showing the server. Its still retrieving info. I put lanmode as 1 and announce as 1.

My VPS Details

External IP: pub7-230.env.cloudshare.com
Internal IP: 10.160.101.8

I used pub7-230.env.cloudshare.com:7777 and 10.160.101.8:7777 in the samp client. Both are retrieving info and not showing the server. please help me, to setup the server

I'm assuming either the server isn't actually starting, or the firewall is blocking your connection. Add yourself to the whitelist and see if you can't see the server online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm assuming either the server isn't actually starting, or the firewall is blocking your connection. Add yourself to the whitelist and see if you can't see the server online.
The logs show that server is starting. So its sure that server is started. But it shows like retrieving info in the samp client. Anyway my computer firewall is not blocking the connection. But still it doees not shows the server online. What can be reason Please help me out

Maybe your server is crashing after starting, did you read server_log.txt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merit
Посмотреть сообщение
The logs show that server is starting. So its sure that server is started. But it shows like retrieving info in the samp client. Anyway my computer firewall is not blocking the connection. But still it doees not shows the server online. What can be reason Please help me out
I wasn't referring to your computer's firewall. I was referring to the server's firewall.

Yeah. as stated, it seems there might be a firewall blocking it out.

If you don't understand the operating system properly, why are you trying to run a server on it?

If you are using vpsland.com they are taking all your money and also they got just 1 single port opened in the router and its the remote desktop port lool... Pm me if you want good hosting.

Use,
Код:
service iptables status
If you find your IP there's that's why.
Although if your connecting and able to connect through SSH you wouldn't be blocked. Have you tried opening the port?