how to get banned from forums?

Speak the truth by giving criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
No - if I find that someone has multiple accounts I ban the later ones instantly.
Well luckily not all of the admins are as strict and unreasonable as this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
View Post
Oh no..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potassium
View Post
Its not entirely unreasonable. A lot of people, who sign up knowing they are likely going to do something to get banned, will use their secondary account to get back in once they are banned. I can certainly understand why Y_Less would choose to proactively nuke secondary accounts.

EDIT: and frankly, there is a specific line-item in the forum rules about secondary/alternate accounts (and how they are not allowed)...so Y_Less is simply performing the tasks he was entrusted to perform by SAMP management. He's doing his job, so don't hate on him for it. Hate the rule...not the person obligated to enforce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
View Post
Its not entirely unreasonable. A lot of people, who sign up knowing they are likely going to do something to get banned, will use their secondary account to get back in once they are banned. I can certainly understand why Y_Less would choose to proactively nuke secondary accounts.

EDIT: and frankly, there is a specific line-item in the forum rules about secondary/alternate accounts (and how they are not allowed)...so Y_Less is simply performing the tasks he was entrusted to perform by SAMP management. He's doing his job, so don't hate on him for it. Hate the rule...not the person obligated to enforce it.
I'm not "hating on him", I'm simply suggesting that what he stated he does it taking it too far. I probably have an account from back in 2007 that I logged into once and then never used again. I wouldn't have a clue what the username and password are, if one even exists. Are you going to ban me for multi accounting? Because by Y_Less's statement he would.

Again, I'm not "hating on" anyone, I just think that statement was way too over the top. If someone is actively using multiple accounts whether maliciously or not then of course they are breaking the rules and should be punished accordingly. But if someone has an account on their IP that hasn't been logged into for a long time and was never used maliciously, I don't see why they should be banned.

Of course each case should be viewed individually and there will be cases where exceptions are given either way, but the general statement of "if I see multiple accounts I ban instantly" is silly, in my opinion.

No offence intended at all, I appreciate the hard work that you guys put into keeping this forum clean.

I agree with Potassium's statement.

Well if you keep your eyes on the forum rules you shouldnt get admins pushing bad buttons

Not being rude but i would rename the header (how to get banned from forums?) seems like you want to get banned lol

It seems like this user would want to get banned. So all he would need to do is follow the steps!

Have fun!