What do you think is the worst part of scripting?

The title says it all

For me, what i know of so far. Is adding coordinates for missions.

Your turn

Finding ways to make everything dynamic.

Explain the benefits of dynamic to me? i've seen Dynamic pickups being mentioned, but what is the benefits of such a thing?

I have a new "worst part". Realising you can:

pawn Code:
#define C CMD //defining c as CMD.
Such a noob mistake

worse part is debugging your script u can take hours if u dont know whats wrong and nobody can help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobbysGamertag
View Post
Explain the benefits of dynamic to me? i've seen Dynamic pickups being mentioned, but what is the benefits of such a thing?
Basically, dynamic is the opposite of static.

If you take a look at the original GodFather game-mode, it's a GREAT example of how (almost) everything is static. For example, there are static vehicles, static factions, static objects, etc, etc.

A good dynamic system basically means that NOTHING is static and that everything can be added/removed/edited without ever having to open up the script and do it. It's quite handy in modern RP servers where factions, vehicles, and objects should be added on the fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
Finding ways to make everything dynamic.
Are you kidding? I L-O-V-E doing that!
The worst part for me certainly is when an important subtask is required to finish the script and this subtask requires another one and you enter in a hopefully finite loop.

Actually the worst part for me is type long codes/messages, is boring because I do not have much free time for games.

Anything related to front-end development.

Bugs, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
Documentation and writing tests (I suspect that would be many people's worst part if other people actually did it).
I'd love to learn how to write out some of the stuff i've seen in your include files. Some of that just puzzles me. Most makes sense like y_hooks and such. But the rest. Woah.

I do try and document all the new things I discover and all the techniques I use. From there its a case of really understanding them and applying them. Some people have had success in using my tutorials to do similar things so it can be done but I admit it isn't easy - I've got a lot of experience and use a lot of techniques that build on each other in combination.

And funny you should single out y_hooks - the new version of that is VERY complex, but also VERY well documented.

The worst part in scripting is you get some strange error and you don't know what it is since the compiler was written by an English Professional and has very good vocabulary.

That's why we have the language documentation...

The worst part of scripting is doing the saving and loading part of a script (if it's a gamemode or a script that saves variables). Gotta choose what file system you're gonna use haha.

Testing for sure

Writing huge arrays is a bitch.

Testing / debugging to make sure everything is working fine

Testing and debugging is by far the most annoying part of development.

1st. Making most of your ideas come true (like furniture for the houses system i was making.... etc etc)
2nd. fixing my script XD
3rd. testing for bugs... sa-mp loads so slow badly like -------------------||||----------------------||||-----
-------- <= Loading
|||||||| <= When loading stops for no reason

The worst part of scripting is seeing your code doesn't working properly...