Can my pc handle 250+ players?

I have almost no idea on how much SA-MP consumes bandwidth, memory and cpu so I want to know if someone who have an idea about it can tell me if it can handle. This is my specification currently.

Intel Core i7 processors
Windows 7 64bit
16GB 1600Mhz
GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 4GB
RAID 1+0 performance hard drive 2TB
150 Mbps Download
65 Mbps Upload

Edit: If not, what should I upgrade?

Do you have 250+ players, thats if you don't mind me asking!

idk but i think maybe 30 should be good no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
View Post
Do you have 250+ players, thats if you don't mind me asking!
Well the server I'm working in is almost going to hit 100 players and we are getting to much lags and packet loss. So, I took a precaution of having something worth keeping for atleast an year or so and also don't have to depend on the host. I myself have no idea how much power it consumes and my colleagues aren't 100% sure on how much hardware it needs exactly to run on a capacious player-base. Thus, me finding hope in SA-MP Forums.

SA:MP isn't very CPU intensive*.

* Unless you're running MapAndreas or have a ton of timers/loops and idiotic coding styles (which aren't a rarity, unfortunately).

As far as bandwidth is concerned... I think you could probably handle 100 players at a time with what you've listed- that is if you aren't downloading or uploading a bunch of crap.

it should do

get a host its not good to host on your pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboysamp
View Post
get a host its not good to host on your pc
What are the cons?

Your connection is very slow for a server. Also why do you have a 690?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltmaster
View Post
Your connection is very slow for a server. Also why do you have a 690?
No idea. My dad built-in. Is it bad?

This is sure what you are looking for https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=189169

Look,now let's get a few things straight.

Your computer is fast and I believe It would handle 250 players,thats my guess thought,I never handled a server with 250 players,max it was 100.

But there is only a single problem,

-A server needs to be open 24/7 and that is a huge problem.

Firstly your computer will process stuff almost all day unless the server is empty. If you live in a hot place, (Colorado,depending on my Geography skills I believe it is hot) your PC will over-heat. Actually in 6-7 days max,your PC will start to slow down because it never restarted and everything got loaded in the CPU and it couldn't clean itself,as it overheats the CPU will get damaged,your fan can get broken,I'm not even talking about the energy it will consume,besides you will need to find solutions to keep your PC cooler,aircondition w/e. So that will also consume more energy. But the important problem is that it will overheat,because then it will just start burning after a while and if the exact conditions are made it can even cause your house caught fire. I don't believe it would go that far because your CPU would be damaged aldready before that happens and your PC would shut down. Best case your computer would crash regularly. I'm not even talking about the gamemode you are using,if its a RP script then I would NEVER do it.

In my opinnion stick with a cheaper host or buy a VPS

^Yes. You shouldn't run a full-time server on a desktop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameryn
Посмотреть сообщение
No idea. My dad built-in. Is it bad?
No. A GTX 690 isn't going to benefit your server in anyway, but you can count yourself lucky to have a graphics card of that power.

If you have a beastly PC like that then surely you can affored a hosted server? Anyway, a SA-MP server uses roughly 4Mbps upstream for every 100 players.

Why don't you get yourself a dedicated server with a 1Gbit down/upload? This would be more reliable and if there are any stupid people that feel like DDoSing your server, the network the server is hosted on won't be down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
If you have a beastly PC like that then surely you can affored a hosted server? Anyway, a SA-MP server uses roughly 4Mbps upstream for every 100 players.
Well, we have trust issues. Anyway, after googling a bit I think I will have to go with the dedicated thingy. But those dedicated thingy didn't mention SA-MP and I'm not sure how I will install SA-MP on those dedicated thingy without having full control of them like I do in my pc.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, we have trust issues. Anyway, after googling a bit I think I will have to go with the dedicated thingy. But those dedicated thingy didn't mention SA-MP and I'm not sure how I will install SA-MP on those dedicated thingy without having full control of them like I do in my pc.
A dedicated is a server itself, you can host anything you want on it.

Power costs for that pc will be about the same as paying a samp hoster.
200 watts on medium load * 24hours=~5kWh=~1Ђ/day=30Ђ/month

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
gurls are so stubid they dont no dedeceted host hahah