[FilterScript] RC-Gates (easy and completely dynamic in-game gate creation with MySQL) by RealCop228

RC-Gates
by RealCop228
What is this?

Obviously, this is a gate system.

What's so special about this?

It's extremely simple to use and it's actually 100% dynamic.

Why would you make such a boring and simple system?

'Cause I want free reputation points, duh! Haha, no. I made it because a lot of people wanted such a system and the ones currently out there aren't any good IMHO.

You wasted your time!

Hey, I didn't ask your opinion, now did I!? Punk!

What do I need to run this?

MySQL plugin at least version R7 (by BlueG)
foreach (by ******)
Streamer Plugin (by Incognito)
ZCMD (by ZeeX)

You should have them already, so no direct links for you lazy people!

How do I run this?
  1. Download the files and extract them anywhere on your computer that you'd like.
  2. Upload the .sql file to your MySQL database.
  3. Open the .pwn file, make the changes that are necessary.
  4. Compile.
  5. Load as a filter-script (or with your game mode if you so choose).
  6. Enjoy!
Downloads

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?27obti0dgkss2dd

I'm not going to oppose any mirrors, but don't expect them to be on the main post at all.

Known Bugs

Currently none.

Nice you know this would even be more awesome if someone added this in to a admin system like Luxadmin,0Admin,Ladmin... and only admins could use the command to open and close the gates and use it as there hideout :P
I remember there was a server and they had clan bases and only clan members could open the hideout :P

^^ No point of that post.

OT: This was really helpful for me, and for everyone who want easy things. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude
View Post
Nice you know this would even be more awesome if someone added this in to a admin system like Luxadmin,0Admin,Ladmin... and only admins could use the command to open and close the gates and use it as there hideout :P
I remember there was a server and they had clan bases and only clan members could open the hideout :P
It's VERY simple to integrate this system into an "admin system." You're talking about adding one or two lines of code to each command... there's no reason for this to be a full blown admin system!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private200
View Post
Well done.
Thanks.

Nice one! It`s usefull thanks

Very well done. I coded my own gate system a few days ago, but I decided not to release it because there were plenty of them. I haven't taken a look at this script, but does it use the new object editor, or the old way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
It's VERY simple to integrate this system into an "admin system." You're talking about adding one or two lines of code to each command... there's no reason for this to be a full blown admin system!
I didn't say to blow this into a admin system did I?
I said it would be awesome if something like it was in Luxadmin,0ADMIN Ladmin etc...

Nice i like it

There has only been a few gate systems, and all of them in the past have not worked when I needed them. I wish this was released when I was a scripter/mapper, and server owner as this would have worked. Nice job with this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zDivine
View Post
Very well done. I coded my own gate system a few days ago, but I decided not to release it because there were plenty of them. I haven't taken a look at this script, but does it use the new object editor, or the old way?
It uses the new 0.3e object editor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomDude
View Post
I didn't say to blow this into a admin system did I?
I said it would be awesome if something like it was in Luxadmin,0ADMIN Ladmin etc...
It's easy to port into one of those systems, actually. Copying and pasting the code and adding some admin-checks would take around 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DobbysGamertag
View Post
Nice i like it
Good, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTunes
View Post
There has only been a few gate systems, and all of them in the past have not worked when I needed them. I wish this was released when I was a scripter/mapper, and server owner as this would have worked. Nice job with this!
Well, hopefully it will be of use to others now.