Just making you aware of this idiot.

So i was in game tonight and some guy joins and starts saying that hes got a "samp server hosting" company, offers DDOS protection and what not. Then he goes on to tell us his website. blablabla.webs.com now unless im mistaken, why would a company well off enough to offer DDOS protection got a free site? his excuse: he started up a few days ago with a "friend". So im just letting you all know just incase he decides to invade your server trying to scam you. Don't believe a word of it. He does'nt even get conversion rates correct. Proof you ask? Sure, here: http://pastebin.com/0BHnrwX6 chatlog from when he joined til his ban for advertising.

Lol fail, he can't even spell "I" properly. Everyone would know his full of shit.

Yeah it's pretty obvious. If he was acting like an unprofessional scripter who knew a thing or two about the web and offered to defend servers from general DDOS for a small price it would be believable, but claiming to be a company just blows it.

lol, hilarious, doesnt even have a normal website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
Посмотреть сообщение
lol, hilarious, doesnt even have a normal website.
He's probably a troll anyway, to be honest who would buy DDoS protection for the SAMP server even if it was a proper company offering? Not many servers, it's extremely expensive.

[02:54:58] <Dobby> no such thing as DDOS protection

Wrong, proximity gaming pays 200 bucks for DDOS protection, a ddos only raises ping +1 for everyone.

Admin Nashy: remember if hes hosting servers slots he can get your scripts

Wrong, he can only take your scripts if it isnt a secure ftp access.

[03:06:13] <Anthony_Portland> Me and Paul Zorn host this company.

I know paul zorn personally. He's a professional mapper, and I would trust him. Anthony is probably a co owner because he doesn't know what he's talking about. I would trust the company overall because of paul zorn. He's a legit person, and he knows how to get things done.

And guys, why pay extra when you can get a decent website without ads? Oh well. We all start somewhere.

Genuine DDoS protection costs 10-20k. I don't know about the cheaper stuff, but people can definitely get around it.

'DDoS' protection is really just a higher bandwidth. Depending on the location (in the US), you can get a formidable bandwidth for $400 a month, which would probably be able to strong arm any DDoS.

"<Anthony_Portland> As our .com one is down" Can't be that good DDoS protection if his site is down :P

OT: Anyone who comes in your server to advertise is the worst choice you could make. You would never find the owners/admins of good game server hosts advertising their products on another server. But sadly, people still fall for it sometimes.

"<Anthony_Portland> We've opened 3 weeks ago, already have 5 customers."
http://who.is/whois/seasonalhosting.com
- Registered On April 11, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Echo
Посмотреть сообщение
[02:54:58] <Dobby> no such thing as DDOS protection

Wrong, proximity gaming pays 200 bucks for DDOS protection, a ddos only raises ping +1 for everyone.

Admin Nashy: remember if hes hosting servers slots he can get your scripts

Wrong, he can only take your scripts if it isnt a secure ftp access.

[03:06:13] <Anthony_Portland> Me and Paul Zorn host this company.

I know paul zorn personally. He's a professional mapper, and I would trust him. Anthony is probably a co owner because he doesn't know what he's talking about. I would trust the company overall because of paul zorn. He's a legit person, and he knows how to get things done.

And guys, why pay extra when you can get a decent website without ads? Oh well. We all start somewhere.
There is not DDos protect tho, I mean there is, but I doubt that they can stop a 8gbps attack or something along those lines.