Are my domain names good? What are they worth?

Hello, I'd like to know what you think of the following domain names I own, and how much you think they can potentially go for?

www.Ford.pm
www.Night.pm
www.Messenger.pm
www.Aldi.pm
www.Webdesigns.pm

Thanks!

Not much because of the .pm ending. However, if they were a .com or .net they could go for thousands. Except the Ford domain, Ford (The car company) just has to send an email to ICANN and ICANN will yank that domain from you and give it to Ford at no cost because it is considered "Domain Squatting".

how do domains work? if i buy one from godaddy for 10$ i can sell it for thousands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BittleRyan
Посмотреть сообщение
Not much because of the .pm ending. However, if they were a .com or .net they could go for thousands. Except the Ford domain, Ford (The car company) just has to send an email to ICANN and ICANN will yank that domain from you and give it to Ford at no cost because it is considered "Domain Squatting".
Actually Ford will be forced to buy it.

One russian long ago, when ****** came out. They registered a ******.something domain, and ****** was forced to buy it for millions.

That's illegal if they gank it from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
Посмотреть сообщение
how do domains work? if i buy one from godaddy for 10$ i can sell it for thousands?

It's the same thing like picking a unique username on a game, but this 'username' is for the whole internet. Say, if you want to make a ****** domain. It has to be like www.******4123asdaj34k234.com because lots are probably already taken. These are actually unique names, but the .pm can set it back to a few hundred bucks.

.pm is pretty worthless really.

I'd say the bulk of, if not all wealthy names have been taken.

Ah okay. Also bought

www.Night.pm
www.MSN.pm

.pm doesnt seem like a worthy domain choice. not sure if they will have any worth in the eyes of companies.

I think pretty useless to buy .pm domains because it's not a known TLD. Except if you are a Perl developer and want to have a funny domain name like mymodule.pm. There are a lot of domains you can get on less used TLDs. And also, MSN.pm is worth nothing anymore, buy Skype.pm instead haha

I advise you not to buy anymore .pm domains, I don't think anyone would be interested in them really. The domain people actually care about is .com, maybe .net sometimes. .co.uk can also be fairly worthy in the UK, .us I don't believe is popular in America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Echo
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually Ford will be forced to buy it.

One russian long ago, when ****** came out. They registered a ******.something domain, and ****** was forced to buy it for millions.

That's illegal if they gank it from you.

It's the same thing like picking a unique username on a game, but this 'username' is for the whole internet. Say, if you want to make a ****** domain. It has to be like www.******4123asdaj34k234.com because lots are probably already taken. These are actually unique names, but the .pm can set it back to a few hundred bucks.
I believe the cyber squatting regulations have recently been created. For example, if you live in the United States, it is a federal law to cyber squat as mentioned in the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act.

Also ICANN can and does have power over all domains at anytime. In theory, they just have to snap their fingers and they can do whatever they want.