Player base question

Hello, so i'm again here to ask a tip.

I run a COD server, opened 17 March (not yet 1 month) and the player base is good (15-20 players daily, but server was 30/30 for somedays). Sometimes the server is empty, sometimes the server has only 5 players etc.

My question is: The servers has only few players because is new or what?

15-20 players daily is good for a new server. Player base builds up over time. Give it a few more weeks and if people stay interested, more and more players will join.

When I had roleplay servers I never got any playerbase, then I introduced a new Gamemode to sa-mp and instantly got a lot of players, never been inactive since.

I think you need a lot of luck too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Посмотреть сообщение
15-20 players daily is good for a new server. Player base builds up over time. Give it a few more weeks and if people stay interested, more and more players will join.
Yeah i'll wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elorreli
Посмотреть сообщение
When I had roleplay servers I never got any playerbase, then I introduced a new Gamemode to sa-mp and instantly got a lot of players, never been inactive since.

I think you need a lot of luck too.
You're talking about the server in your signature?

You need to give incentives to players to actually play. Have competitions like "the top killer gets <enter your incentive here>" and make divisions across players according to the time they play or the money they have, players strive to be the best (ridiculous, but true)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face9000
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah i'll wait.

You're talking about the server in your signature?
Yep :P

Yes, your main goal is to appeal to players so that they stay at the community. Try the hosted tab too. It's a big help.

You can also try promotions to draw and reward players.

ppl say its the best to give refunds but dont do it i cant see the all point in refunding there only get a house money then quit server trust me i been there before and so alot of players. if your script is a very nice community with a nice looking website nice looking login system yea that will make players join and also stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrick
Посмотреть сообщение
ppl say its the best to give refunds but dont do it i cant see the all point in refunding there only get a house money then quit server trust me i been there before and so alot of players. if your script is a very nice community with a nice looking website nice looking login system yea that will make players join and also stay.
Nah...i hate the refunds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy smyth
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, your main goal is to appeal to players so that they stay at the community. Try the hosted tab too. It's a big help.

You can also try promotions to draw and reward players.
Yeah, we have hosted tab

increase the server slots to 50 because you do get 30 players sometimes
make a leaderboard to get people to play more to be the best