Vehicle Indicators

Hello I have looked around and havent seen a fs for 0.3X yet and I was trying to code it but gave up because I couldnt get it working so I was wondering if it was possible to add car Indicators and also if I would be able to get it to work on truck trailers to

It has been done before. I was going to write a system like this myself, but decided against it. I figured it was just a huge waste of time...

As far as getting it to work on a trailer, that's an interesting concept- I'm sure it would work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
It has been done before. I was going to write a system like this myself, but decided against it. I figured it was just a huge waste of time...

As far as getting it to work on a trailer, that's an interesting concept- I'm sure it would work.
well it would be greatly appreciated if you could make this I have tried but gave up and got rid of code +rep

I've only seen this done once (I don't really play SA-MP at all) and it wasn't really good tbh. It made the indicators flash when you held KEY_LEFT or KEY_RIGHT, meaning they'd flash when you didn't want them to. One idea is perhaps to detect if they are looking left/right (camera) and are almost stopped. Or while holding LEFT/RIGHT and stopped I guess.

As for how to do this, you simply need to use AttachObjectToVehicle.

One thing to note is that if the lights are at an angle (for example if on one of the steep roads in SF), they disappear. I found a little trick to fix this though

And also, they won't show in the day..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
I've only seen this done once (I don't really play SA-MP at all) and it wasn't really good tbh. It made the indicators flash when you held KEY_LEFT or KEY_RIGHT, meaning they'd flash when you didn't want them to. One idea is perhaps to detect if they are looking left/right (camera) and are almost stopped. Or while holding LEFT/RIGHT and stopped I guess.

As for how to do this, you simply need to use AttachObjectToVehicle.

One thing to note is that if the lights are at an angle (for example if on one of the steep roads in SF), they disappear. I found a little trick to fix this though

And also, they won't show in the day..
would you have any idea on how to make this?

Is it possible with OnPlayerKeyStateChange? i'm interested in seeing this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение

pawn Код:
new trailerid = GetVehicleTrailer(GetPlayerVehicleID(playerid));
if(trailerid)
{
    //attach the object to the trailer too
}

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ABK]Antonio
Посмотреть сообщение
pawn Код:
new trailerid = GetVehicleTrailer(GetPlayerVehicleID(playerid));
if(trailerid)
{
    //attach the object to the trailer too
}
Obviously.

well I know there is this code ut how could I make this code a complete filter script including all vehicles?

You'd obviously have to have offsets for every vehicle, and an array of vehicles that do/don't have indicators (such as planes). You could possibly use GetVehicleModelInfo for offsets, but they would only be reliable for the y (forward/back) offset, as the indicator heights vary and can be inset from the edge of the vehicle.