[Plugin] MySQL & PostgreSQL Plugin

Yeah, my bad... I had the newer documentation open in front of me. The next 10 minutes I spent looking for a version dated August 2007 for the implementer's guide but all I got was a Scribd page requiring registration through ******** and a ****** Code repository that didn't load.

If you get hands on the right version of this doc, please do let me know and share.

I'll edit my previous posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreT
View Post
Yeah, my bad... I had the newer documentation open in front of me. The next 10 minutes I spent looking for a version dated August 2007 for the implementer's guide but all I got was a Scribd page requiring registration through ******** and a ****** Code repository that didn't load.

If you get hands on the right version of this doc, please do let me know and share.

I'll edit my previous posts.
Y_Less might have it. I'm not sure. I've seen something on YSI repo, I'll check it and tell you.

EDIT: I checked, but it looks like it was for a newer version.

It would be a nice to write out the FAQ by plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKA3KuH
View Post
It would be a nice to write out the FAQ by plugin.
I'll write a FAQ soon (I hope).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
Yeah, I've only got the old language guide. I'll see what I can dig up.

Edit: Well that was hard...

3.0.3367:

pawn-imp.pdf
pawn-lang.pdf

3.2.3664:

pawn-imp.pdf
pawn-lang.pdf

Edit: Just for completeness sake:
o.O Excellent job!

Good job Dan.

Kudos for that, Y_Less!

v 2.3 probmlems:
Quote:

[11:03:36] Loading plugin: sql.so
[11:03:36] Failed (libmysqlclient.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

static:
Quote:

[11:02:20] Loading plugin: sql.so
[11:02:20] Failed (/lib32/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by plugins/sql.so))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Gere
View Post
v 2.3 probmlems:

static:
You can either upgrade your packages or let me recompile it.

I updated, but to no avail. A version 2.2 works for me perfectly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Gere
View Post
I updated, but to no avail. A version 2.2 works for me perfectly)
I used to compile this library on CentOS 6, but my machine died and I set up another one using Ubuntu server. I'll compile it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_Bowe
View Post
Is there a tutorial for the Plugin?
I don't think so, I hope Dan will write a FAQ like any other plugin has, this plugin sounds amazing, just waiting for Dan..

Pfff... this is new... is quite necessary to provide the 'SSLEAY32.dll' to use this plugin ?

EDIT: I tested it on two Windows XP&7 (virtual machine) and I get the same problem !

For the people who have problems with dynamic version on Linux (missing libmysqlclient.so.18 dependency).
I've been struggling for days to find a solution, and finally succeed. I took the file libmysql.so from the plugin source (directory /lib/mysql/), renamed it to libmysqlclient.so.18 and placed in the directory /usr/lib/ on my server.

-----

I'd like to report a bug, too. I've been using the plugin for about 20 days on my local server on Windows, and I've noticed that a log file was never created. Errors and warnings are printed neither in a file nor the console, but OnSQLError is called, although not always. The callback is not called when you specify wrong data in sql_connect().

Does "sql_fetch_row" work?
I don't know why, but it doesn't work correctly.

Code:
sql_query(mysqlserver, query, QUERY_THREADED | QUERY_CACHED, "OnPlayerLogin", "ri", playerid);
and under OnPlayerLogin
Code:
sql_fetch_row(queryid,"|",query,sizeof(query));

" "OnPlayerLogin", "ri", playerid);" ? huh?

"r" stands for "Result-ID".
sql_query returns the result, but i can't give OnPlayerLogin the result id, if sql_query has to be executed first.
This is the reason, why i have to write down two format parameters but only one variable.

Later I use the result id ("queryid") in OnPlayerLogin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanory
View Post
"r" stands for "Result-ID".
sql_query returns the result, but i can't give OnPlayerLogin the result id, if sql_query has to be executed first.
This is the reason, why i have to write down two format parameters but only one variable.

Later I use the result id ("queryid") in OnPlayerLogin
Your OnPlayerLogin looks like this: OnPlayerLogin(queryid, playerid)?

Code:
public OnPlayerLogin(Result:queryid, playerid)

Try:

Code:
sql_query(mysqlserver, query, QUERY_THREADED, "OnPlayerLogin", "ri", playerid);