Sub Forum For Computer Discussion?

Over the past few months I've seen increasing threads on the discussion of computer building, hardware talk, and things of that nature. I personally think it would be a fitting time for a child board for threads of this nature just to organize this section of the forums a little more, and it would (should, in my opinion) cause less trouble for mods to moderate all the topics that are related to the computers. In my defense, I think some people open new threads about computer discussions because it's a little hard to manage all in one topic.

You would request help on a build of some sort in the PC Questions Thread and try to get your own little help in there, but other people would be asking questions that kind of gets the topic off track and it's a little hard to maintain. The PC questions thread should be for minimal things such as How do I do xx and xx. Computer building, hardware discussion, computer comparing, and so should be in their own topics, and people should be able to create polls for who know what about hardware and things like that.

It's just a little suggestion to try to help make the Everything and Nothing board a little more organized, and I think that Computer Discussion is a large enough topic around here that people would actively post in the child forum if it was created.

P.S. I don't actually see any cons to adding this board, but I guess there are people on these forums who can think of some. I'm not sure.

Thanks again,
Toni

This is the SA-MP forums, about SA-MP (who would have guessed?!) not a chat forum.

https://www.******.co.uk/search?q=co...scussion+forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
This is the SA-MP forums, about SA-MP (who would have guessed?!) not a chat forum.

https://www.******.co.uk/search?q=co...scussion+forum
This is the Everything and Nothing board. I think the "SA-MP" only rules apply in this board.

I seriously agree with this, when you're trying to decide what parts to buy you need your own topic to go through it all. This is the SAMP forums, but computers and components are a big part of that too, it's what we use to play SAMP. People want to make a good decision when choosing their next PC, and PC building has become very popular recently. I think hardware deserves its own sub-section in this part of the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltmaster
Посмотреть сообщение
This is the SAMP forums, but computers and components are a big part of that too, it's what we use to play SAMP.
Okay. Let's also have these sub-forums:

- Health/Medical: There a lot of health-related discussion potential. Addiction, RSI etc.
- Sex: GTA is rated 18+ so why not!
- Graphics: because games use graphics!
- 3D modelling: Because games use models - that are 3D!
- Modding: Because SA-MP is a mod!
- General software discussion: because SA-MP is software!
- Keyboards: because you use keyboards to play SA-MP!

I could go on but I cba.

There is an obvious demand for a hardware section though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение

- Health/Medical: There a lot of health-related discussion potential. Addiction, RSI etc.

I could go on but I cba.
You're just being ignorant. The point of the sub forum is because the topic of "computer hardware" and discussion has gone to be a very popular topic in the Everything and Nothing board. I would say none of those even qualify for a board, and not saying they should even be suggested for them. A sub category would just make the moderator's job a tad easier. I find it quite strange they would put more effort into deleting posts and locking a topic with a reply linking to the PC questions thread. It's just more effort for something that could be just organized into it's own section. And I believe that's what they want, organization of the computer threads. There's too many of them scattered around in this board. So why not just place it all in one area that fits the criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение

I could go on but I cba.
...And how often do you see threads popping up on these subjects? Exactly. Hardly ever. There are constantly new threads appearing on computer hardware.

Not needed, this questions are like asked at least twice - once every month - two months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy
Посмотреть сообщение
Not needed, this questions are like asked at least twice - once every month - two months.
You might want to check again. There are topics posted almost every week.