Sa:Mp on Mac

Most of you have a Apply PC using an MACOS and want to play Sa:Mp in it but you're not able to do so?

Then, you came to the right topic. In this topic I'll describe shortly how to play Sa:Mp on your Apple PC. So, shortly, you are able to play Sa:Mp on Mac. It's not something impossible to do.

There are 3 methods you can do this, and I can't describe how hard it can be for each of them, but, there's only something I can tell. At the end of this tutorial you'll have fun playing Sa:Mp.

First Method - Wine
Have you ever though what's used to run programs on a Linux OS? Well, if not, then it's Wine. It allows you to use programs normally like using them on a Windows OS, but even though that, there will still be some lags/stucks in game, witch are not found if you use it on normal Windows OS. Well, we don't have anything to do with Linux right now, so let's go on with Mac. Mac, same like Linux, uses Wine to run programs that are usable to Windows OS. It's not hard to find it, since can be downloaded for FREE from the internet. I'll give you an link shortly below, where you'll be able to download it. Wine enables you to access Windows content on a Mac by creating separate prefixes for each application. It isn't an application in itself, but more a tool that allows your computer to run programs it's not used to. You won't experience much of a performance drop either, which is ideal if you want to avoid gaming lag.

Second Method - CrossOver
Second method, is same like Wine, but in this moment, we're going to show you another program you can use. CrossOver, is an alternate program that will allow you to use Windows OS programs on Mac OS, but, this time, this program is not free. You'll have a trial time to use the program, till you understand it's use then you can just buy it.
CrossOver XI is the name of the latest version and it's fully compatible with the recent Mac 10.8 Mountain Lion update. Linux users are in luck too, although the installation process will take slightly longer. If you want to make sure you'll be able to use your favourite programs before trying it out, it's worth checking the 'What Runs?' feature on the site. From using the tool, I found that CrossOver works with a good selection of popular games, including: Team Fortress 2, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Portal 2. Valve's Steam gaming client is also supported.Older applications play far nicer with CrossOver. If you want to use the latest versions of Microsoft software such as Excel, Word and Powerpoint, you're in for a bumpy ride. The team at CodeWeaver warn: “In our testing, we find that these applications have bugs that prevent them from running flawlessly”. You don't need a Windows system license to run CrossOver. It's certainly a decent price, but in terms of functionality the software is by no means perfect.

Third Method - Parallel Windows 7 Desktop
From my experience on Windows OS, I'm sure it's one of the best methods to use Sa:Mp. It's really easy to do so, since it's like formating PC and installing Windows 7 on the PC. But, since it's one of the best methods, it's one of the most expensive though. You'll need an license of Windows 7, witch probably costs around 65$. To do this and keeping both Mac OS and Windows OS, you'll need to have 2 harddiscs on your PC, and when you keep the Windows CD in the CD Room and restart PC, open and format one of the Hard Discs. You'll probably think that PC will mess up with 2 OS when it starts up? Well, it's not like that, since it will probably load only one of the OS, witch is Mac, but, you're able to chose witch of the hard discs to load on PC startup by your self.

Those were 3 simply methods, costable/non costable to use Sa:Mp and other programs on your Mac OS. I hope this helps you in any way, and best of luck if you're taking any step to do any of these here.

Regardless
Private200

Oh I remember you from SAPR. Still making tutorials lol. Other members were always shittin' on you.

Anyways, useful thread.

I'm not hating on Mac users, I'm sure some people have their reasons, but why would people on SAMP get a Mac anyway? The computer is self is no better than a PC, and the OS is like an overpriced version of Linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltmaster
View Post
I'm not hating on Mac users, I'm sure some people have their reasons, but why would people on SAMP get a Mac anyway? The computer is self is no better than a PC, and the OS is like an overpriced version of Linux.
Well, you can just see the lookout of the Mac, but it's not. It's cool OS, witch makes the PC more faster, especially when you're an programmer and don't want to waste time while compiling, but anyway, Mac OS is more advanced then Linux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private200
View Post
Well, you can just see the lookout of the Mac, but it's not. It's cool OS, witch makes the PC more faster, especially when you're an programmer and don't want to waste time while compiling, but anyway, Mac OS is more advanced then Linux.
And you would know that how..? to be honest in my opinion, linux is the best os you can get these days. Even apple takes the source from it.

Yeah I mean programmers and anyone else who's intelligent in the computer area tend to despise Macs lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private200
View Post
Right. Try programming in .NET on a Mac. LOL. The only people that get Mac are graphics designers and/or hipsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
Right. Try programming in .NET on a Mac. LOL. The only people that get Mac are graphics designers and/or hipsters.
Yeah and since the move to Intel many years ago, a Mac isn't even any better for that these days. The only people that buy Macs and other Apple products are people who waste their money on the expensive brand, even if the usual Windows PC is better anyway.

Well, C++ goes for it? What about Visual Basic.. I've never scripted/programmed on .NET or Java, and I don't want to know about it on Mac, but I got Mac only for the C++ though. I don't know if I'm wrong, but I think Apple was the first computer born, based on this source: http://apple-history.com/h1

This is what I got out of it;

Quote:

Wozniak had been dabbling in computer-design for some time when, in 1976, he designed what would become the Apple I. Jobs, who had an eye for the future, insisted that he and Wozniak try to sell the machine, and on April 1, 1976, Apple Computer was born.

So you bought a mac for loads of unneeded $$$$ just for c++ ? Are you dumb or just unaware you can do c++ on a crappy 200 pound pc? And no apple wasn't the first computer born.

http://inventors.about.com/library/blcoindex.htm one of the first links on ******.