My shots don't usually injure

Doesn't matter which version, I'd say a good 70-80% of my shots or stabbings don't do any damage. I'll hit them point blank with a shotgun or lay into them with a chainsaw, blood will spray everywhere... but no damage.

Someone suggested they are hackers, but I don't think so. I see the same opponent getting shot by others, and they take damage.

Another person said it might be lag, but again, I don't think so. My screen isn't lagging, and I see other people's shots hitting and doing damage, immediately.

Anybody else have this problem? Anyone know if it can be fixed? VERY frustrating!

There can be several reasons for this.

If they are moving, you need to lead your target (shoot in front of them - where they are running towards). This is due to lag. Where you see them is where they were a fraction of a second ago. If you shoot where YOU see them, they will see you shoot BEHIND them.

If they have god mode on (either through a server script or via cheats/hacks) you can't damage them.

If they are paused, taking a screenshot, desynced (or you are desynced) or about to crash they will not take damage.

This is not a bug with the SA-MP software and should not be in this section.

Suggested section: Client Support
Reason: Read the board description - If you need help installing or playing SA-MP, ask questions in here.

Thanks for the quick response, MP2.

It's not about leading. I shoot them point blank, blood's spraying... no damage, but then somebody else shoots them, they immediately take damage.

What is "synced" and how do I do it?

Thanks for the help.

Even if you're shooting them "point blank" it doesn't mean they'll take damage. Is the person you're shooting at moving at all? If so, you need to LEAD your shot.

Is this for EVERY player? How many players has this happened for?

You need to lag shoot.There's a few tutorials and explanations on *******.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteakAndEggs
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for the quick response, MP2.

It's not about leading. I shoot them point blank, blood's spraying... no damage, but then somebody else shoots them, they immediately take damage.

What is "synced" and how do I do it?

Thanks for the help.
Blood spray is a client side event.

Players taking damage is server side.

Please understand that for a server side event to take place and be the cause of something done on the client side, there will be latency or lag as its more commonly known.

Here is a small diagram of what is happening:

- Player1 shoots Player2
Client Side: Blood Squirts out of Player 2 (this is a client side reaction!!), Player 1's client sends shot (packet) to server
Packet travel:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (~150ms later)
Reaches server! OK
Server Side: Packet reaches server. Server checks if player is in that position...
Player is not in that position due to time of packet arrival!! Player is not injured.

For FUCK sake, you SERVER fucks... ENOUGH!!!

Everybody is just unloading on me.... I'm contributing to your stupid fight...

NOBODY is dying!!!

FUCKING FIX IT, or tell ME how to fix it, ALREADY!!!

GODDAMMIT!!!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

NOBODY is dying!!!

GODDAMMIT!!!
Fuck you. I gave you a useful post and you're raging because you don't understand it.

Get out.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

NOBODY is dying!!!

GODDAMMIT!!!
Dude... It's your lag. If you don't lag, then you'll hit people, I recommend, instead of flaming people who are helping, buy a new PC / Upgrade from GiffGaff internet. It's just, not possible to explain this to the likes of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Fuck you.
Don't bother raging at him bro, just isn't any reason, it'll just end in warnings/ban

I'm going to close this thread before it turns into a flame war.

As MP2 and Schurman explained, the issues you are describing are not bugs. The best way to have maximum impact on a player during a deathmatch is to compensate for lag using a technique called 'lead aim'.

You have to remember that GTA:SA is not an open source piece of software and a lot of hacking and cracking is required to turn it into a multiplayer game. Getting such a difficult element such as shot accuracy perfectly working is not an easy job, especially when it is not designed for this type of gameplay.