What do you prefer?

So, just a little question. Keep in mind this is regarding an English speaking roleplay server, with a medium to high roleplay level.

Would you prefer a RP server where you have to fill out a quiz, register, and create a character on a UCP before playing, but then be able to enjoy the server more since the players can roleplay well, there are no DMers, and people can speak English, overall the players are not noobs, if you know what I mean.

OR

Would you prefer a RP server where you can just pick a name in the SA:MP client, join the game and just create a password for your account, but then there being a much higher amount of people who say things like "oops i made a bad. how do i turn the engine on this car" and just generally making the community look shit and full of poor quality roleplayers.

So basically, UCP registration & good roleplayers or in-game registration but more noobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn707
Посмотреть сообщение
So, just a little question. Keep in mind this is regarding an English speaking roleplay server, with a medium to high roleplay level.

Would you prefer a RP server where you have to fill out a quiz, register, and create a character on a UCP before playing, but then be able to enjoy the server more since the players can roleplay well, there are no DMers, and people can speak English, overall the players are not noobs, if you know what I mean.

OR

Would you prefer a RP server where you can just pick a name in the SA:MP client, join the game and just create a password for your account, but then there being a much higher amount of people who say things like "oops i made a bad. how do i turn the engine on this car" and just generally making the community look shit and full of poor quality roleplayers.

So basically, UCP registration & good roleplayers or in-game registration but more noobs?
I prefer the first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn707
Посмотреть сообщение

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahim.E
Посмотреть сообщение
I prefer the first one
Yep, I agree, just wondering whether the majority of people here also wouldn't mind spending more time in registration for a better RPing environment.

To be honest, it depends on how good the server is, maybe make it 2 or 3 hours before having to like signup on a system? Maybe to like "activate" as it were..

First one. The only people who are going to pick the second one are those who do not understand the concept of roleplaying and those who want instant power. The UPC registering may take time and not so many people will register, only serious RPers will actually register. I rather have two people in a server who can RP, instead of 100 who can't.

I agree with StuartD. It really does depend on how good the server is. Although I probably would go with 1.

The first one; however that method will take lots and lots of time to get you players who are going to play every single day and keep the server active.

Maybe lay off the UCP registration before playing, but keep a RP quiz.

Players can just relog, and keep answering the quiz several times. First one for the win.

The second one, most definitely. Been roleplaying on Los Santos Roleplay for a couple of years, but have seen lots of noobs so far, albeit the server is known to be "perfect". You can't get rid of them, even though you are adding a User Control Panel with a huge ass quiz. So, you better consider the second option, and teach them if they ask.

Tout ensemble, I wish you good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntax
Посмотреть сообщение
have seen lots of noobs so far
Imagine if LS:RP didn't have the UCP registration. Being one of the most-known RP servers in SA:MP, it would probably be overridden with n00bs, just like NGG is.