Running on Windows 8? Screenshots not saving? Check this topic.

Well for some reason, it seems like Windows 8 defaults to storing things in the AppData folder. It took me awhile, but I found where the GTA User Files directory is saving information. So, if anyone else is running Windows 8 and can't seem to find the "GTA User Files" directory that would normally be in your "Documents" folder, check to see if it's here:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\P rogram Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

Make your Resolution desplay settings max
i mean mine is going max 1336x679

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlat
View Post
Make your Resolution desplay settings max
i mean mine is going max 1336x679
I'm not needing help. I posted this as a possible solution to other Windows 8 users.

I didn't have a problem with this. Nice find though, could help some people.

This doesn't seem true for all Windows 8 installations then...!

//I don't actually have the path you were referring too either, I only have the "Program Files (x86)" directory in the "VirtualStore" directory.

Well, I still had a GTA User Files directory in my documents folder. Even though I never put one there. So it seems like the game creates it, but then it can't re-use it or something. I'm not 100% sure, it didn't make any sense.

Either way, if this works for some people, then I've done what I can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
Well, I still had a GTA User Files directory in my documents folder. Even though I never put one there. So it seems like the game creates it, but then it can't re-use it or something. I'm not 100% sure, it didn't make any sense.

Either way, if this works for some people, then I've done what I can do.
It sounds very odd...

I commend you for that, however!

I'm using Windows 8 Pro, the GTA San Andreas User Files are in Documents as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfDerpness
View Post
I'm using Windows 8 Pro, the GTA San Andreas User Files are in Documents as usual.
As was RealCop228's, however he found his screenshots being saved in a different location. Could you check the path he referred to in his post just to be sure that the directory he is talking about is or is not there? This would help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash.
View Post
As was RealCop228's, however he found his screenshots being saved in a different location. Could you check the path he referred to in his post just to be sure that the directory he is talking about is or is not there? This would help.
The installation. I think he extracted the files into a different location. Try re-installing again OR move the files to its actual place, just in case if you don't want to re-install your mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfDerpness
View Post
The installation. I think he extracted the files into a different location. Try re-installing again OR move the files to its actual place, just in case if you don't want to re-install your mods.
Screenshots, not the installation. This directory: "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas"

I installed GTA from a disc and installed it to the C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas directory. However, my GTA User Files directory was NOT in my "Documents" folder. Instead, it was in the folder I gave the address to on the main post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash.
View Post
Screenshots, not the installation. This directory: "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas"
Well, the name "Prince Derpness" explains it all. But still, I'm still curious why your GTA SA User Files are in appdata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
I installed GTA from a disc and installed it to the C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas directory. However, my GTA User Files directory was NOT in my "Documents" folder. Instead, it was in the folder I gave the address to on the main post.
It seems you're the only person suffering with this issue. I'm also using Windows 8 and it works as expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_
View Post
It seems you're the only person suffering with this issue. I'm also using Windows 8 and it works as expected.
Well, that's fucking weird then. Legit Windows, legit GTA = problem. Hah! Who would of guessed?

Oh well! I suppose you can delete this thread, Jay_.