Getting user computer ID

Hey guys
I noticed that LS-RP has a secret word system that basiclly if you register you put a secret word with a password
and it never asks you to put the secret word until your from another computer
so basiclly I think it works on computer ID
but how can you get computer ID in samp?

no it doesnt work on computer id, its most likely an IP address that the script checks to see if its the same or different, if its different IP (possibly meaning different computer) then it will ask you for the secret word, if not it will continue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamzaf
Посмотреть сообщение
no it doesnt work on computer id, its most likely an IP address that the script checks to see if its the same or different, if its different IP (possibly meaning different computer) then it will ask you for the secret word, if not it will continue.
But the thing is the other computer i went through was my moms and it is connected to same network which means the same ip

There's a function that get's something similar....It's really inaccurate though, can't remember what it's called

pawn Код:
native gpci(playerid, serial[], len);

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakr
Посмотреть сообщение
pawn Код:

Oh right, that function. That's what is, don't bother with it...It won't help you very much

That is a forbidden function, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ABK]Antonio
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh right, that function. That's what is, don't bother with it...It won't help you very much
Actually, it will help you very much. If you are trying to ban someone who is using a proxy, they can continuously come back, over and over, as there IP will be changed, where as if you ban them by there GPCI (computer serial) that computer is banned from the server, and your GPCI cannot be changed, not ever. (Unless you buy a new computer.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya
Посмотреть сообщение
Actually, it will help you very much. If you are trying to ban someone who is using a proxy, they can continuously come back, over and over, as there IP will be changed, where as if you ban them by there GPCI (computer serial) that computer is banned from the server, and your GPCI cannot be changed, not ever. (Unless you buy a new computer.)
That's not even what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
While the gpci function is helpful in some instances, you really shouldn't bother using it. Some people chose to make it a banning method, but honestly, people can simply reinstall SA:MP to get around being "found."

You'd be better off just logging IP addresses and using those for this type of system, rather than the unstable gpci function.

(sorry if that made no sense, I'm tired as hell right now)
You can also catch people in it who did nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ABK]Antonio
Посмотреть сообщение
That's not even what it is.
Actually, yes that is what is is. Your GPCI is your computer serial code that no other computer has. Which would make even a more accurate ban than a range ban.