Looking for a hard function

I am not sure whether you will understand me, but I'll try to explain what I want.
I need a function, which gets one float value, then finds the most closest value to the first one, which can be divided by a spefic value without modulo. It sounds like a real mess, right? So I will try to explain in examples:

pawn Код:
//let's call our function FindClosestVal
stock FindClosestVal(Float:inputval,Float:divisor);//where inputval is a float value we input, and divisor is a value by which the final value can be divided

//Let's look at this example script:

new Float:a;
a=FindClosestVal(10.0, 3.0);
//If the function is right, we will get a=9, as 9 is the most closest value to 10, which can be divided by 3

new Float:b;
b=FindClosestVal(4.45, 1.5)
//in result we will get b=3, because 3 is the closest to 4.45 value which can be divided by 1.5
I hope you understood what thia function must do. WHo has any solution of this?

pawn Код:
stock Float:FindClosestVal(Float:inputval,Float:divisor) {
    return floatround(inputval / divisor, floatround_floor) * divisor;
}
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiur
Посмотреть сообщение
pawn Код:
stock Float:FindClosestVal(Float:inputval,Float:divisor) {
    return floatround(inputval / divisor, floatround_floor) * divisor;
}
?
Hmm, byt what if the closest value will be float? This won't wqork then. for example:

FindClosestVal(5,1.5) - the value will be 4.5
EDIT: I've found out that it works! I don't know how, But i am very glad! Thank you very much for help!

Please, make sure that you actually run the code someone gave you before you tell that it doesn't work as you wanted it to. I wasted 10 minutes of my time writing version which makes sure that the number doesn't have fraction part:

pawn Код:
stock FindClosestVal(Float:inputval,Float:divisor) {
    new i = floatround(inputval / divisor, floatround_floor), rnd;
    for(; i != 0; --i) {
        rnd = floatround(i * divisor, floatround_floor);
        if(i * divisor == float(rnd)) return rnd;
    }
    return 0;
}