sa-mp limits

There are many limits in sa-mp, limited textdraws, gangzones, map icons number and etc. Are these limits only array size in sa-mp code or there is something more? If array size, why can't it be higher? Also, are these limits only in server code or in client code too? If only in server code, maybe it's possible to somehow make them higher with memory hacking plugin? Just wanted to discuss.

Memory hacking plugin it's not allowed.
And you can bypass those limits with streamers.

Don't be silly. Who won't allow me to do that plugin, if I make it only for me and don't release it on this forum? I want some discussion and I'm not asking how to bypass these limits or what streamer to use.

Then go make it.

Man, I wanted to discuss about limits and you are saying "You can bypass them with streamer". I'm not asking any help, it's discussion thread about how exactly these limits work.

For that kind of information you can only ask SA:MP developer. Hacking a memory of server may cause leaks in server and make some serious bug which will spread like a virus.

Some limits may be possible to bypass with memory hacking, some don't. For example, object limit is a bitch, because it's also dependent on memory. You need memory in the client to load the object models and textures, if I'm not mistaken.

hm.. textdraws, gangzones, pickups, checkpoints, chat, other player positions+speed, objects, vehicles...
thats all stuff which requires some network bandwidth. i assume those limits are to avoid desyncs? when the server needs to send like 16 KBytes/second in order to sync 30 frames, its ok. add 250 playertextdraws with 100 chars each, thats 25KBytes raw data (per frame), 750KBytes already per second (@30 FPS).
all issues above will never disappear, due to bottlenecks/crappy/slow connections, but i know that with the increasing network speeds, some SAMP limits will raise up aswell - like it happened to objects: 200, 500, 1000 actually.
using a lot of RAM in servers/clients is possible, yet welcome. hence the tons of plugins using a lot of ram, like the MapAndreas plugin. at least 5 of my filterscripts depend on it, so its saving 4*70MB already, since it needs to load the plugin 1 time only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
Okey so this might get deleted, and I'm not trying to make a fuss but. Why can MTA load a ton of objects/allow a lot more players? it's not like their GTA: San Andreas is any more stable. It's client-sided but that doesn't change the fact that the resources are still being loaded into the game. Why can't a server do the same? (ram/memory issues aside).

Not saying MTA is any better, I'm just trying to understand how they did this.

I'm pretty sure they just have a client-side streamer in-built. As for more players, have they ever actually TESTED with more players? Several SA:MP servers regularly hit 1000 players, MTA doesn't get anywhere near that many so there's no way to test the stability there.

Quote:
View Post
In answer to your original question: yes.

The limits are from array sizes in SA:MP being static, but the array sizes are set based on what has been found to be stable in San Andreas itself. So recently the objects limits was increased from 400 to 1000 because new ways were found to work around the limitations in the game related to loaded objects. That is the main issue for almost everything - SA:MP is based around a closed-source game that can get unstable if pushed too far. Basically, it was written and tweaked to support what they wanted to do in the single player and not much more. Loading too many objects - crash, loading too complex objects - crash, having more text draws - bound by GTA limits. Almost everything has some reason, even the maximum number of players is bound by sync issues.
and that is why, if you have realize that the servers with 400+ players the sync isn't that good compared to a server with 200 and - players

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm pretty sure they just have a client-side streamer in-built. As for more players, have they ever actually TESTED with more players? Several SA:MP servers regularly hit 1000 players, MTA doesn't get anywhere near that many so there's no way to test the stability there.
MTA actually is running fine with 700 players in, sync as well.

That's still less than 1000, which was my question...