PC Hardware

Hello, I never experienced any type of lagg untill I tryed out Arma 3 Alpha. I am a big fan of Arma series especially for the tactical game. I was woundering if anybody had any knowledge about PC hardware that could help me out and rather find out what causing the lagg and what I need to upgrade for example. I even feel a slight of lagg on LOW graphics. I am gonna paste my Windows performance test here.

Processor Intel ® Core ™ i7-2670QM CPU@2.20GHz 7.5 5.5

**Determined by the lowest partial results
Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB | 7.6
Graphics Intel ® HD Graphics Family | 5.5
Games Graphics 10037 total available video memory (MB) | 6.5
Primary hard disk 73GB free (450GB Total) | 5.9
Windows 7 Home Premium

System
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

**Manufacturer Acer
**Model Aspire 7750G
**Total system memory 16.0 GB RAM
**System type 64-bit operating system
**Number of processor cores 4

Storage
-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------
**Total size of hard disk (s) 915 GB
**Disk partition (C 73 GB Free (450 GB Total)
**Disk partition (D 466 GB Free (466 GB Total)
**Media drive (E CD / DVD

Graphics

**Video Type Intel ® HD Graphics Family
**Total available video memory 10421 MB
********Dedicated video memory 2560 MB
********Dedicated system memory 0 MB
********Shared system memory 7861 MB
**Driver version 8.901.4.0 video
**Resolution of the primary display 1600x900
**DirectX version DirectX 10

Network

**Network Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)
**Network Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter
**Network Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

Notes

**Assessment of the game graphics are based on the primary graphics card. If the system is connected or more graphics cards, some programs using increased performance.
**Caution: Based on the results of WinSAT Disk assessment, system driver have lower response times for certain workloads. Performance results will depend on the specific applications used and the available memory. If you are satisfied with the experience, it is not necessary to do anything.

And then I looked up the offical Arma 3 system requirments:

Minimum:
OS Windows Vista SP2
Windows 7 SP1
PROCESSOR Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz
AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
GRAPHICS NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
ATI Radeon HD 3830
Intel HD Graphics 4000
GPU MEMORY 512 MB
DirectX® 10
RAM 2 GB
HARD DRIVE 15 GB free space
HARD DRIVE (ALPHA) 10 GB free space
AUDIO DirectX® compatible on-board
OTHER Internet connection and free Steam account to activate

Recommended:

OS Windows Vista SP2
Windows 7 SP1
PROCESSOR Intel Core i5-2300
AMD Phenom II X4 940
GRAPHICS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
AMD Radeon HD 7750
GPU MEMORY 1 GB
DirectX® 11
RAM 4 GB
HARD DRIVE 25 GB free space
HARD DRIVE (ALPHA) 20 GB free space
AUDIO DirectX® compatible soundcard
OTHER Internet connection and free Steam account to activate
ALPHA BRIEFING

I would really appricate any help. Thank you for reading. If you guys know about any where else I can get information, I would gladly hear about it.

ArmA 3 has performance issues at the moment. Everybody experiences these FPS issues on the game, even I do. Even players with high performance graphics cards have FPS issues on this game. Hopefully they will resolve this issue, so until then just wait until they fix it and then see if you can play it. I don't think your specs are very good either, I presume your on a laptop. Intel HD isn't the best for running games like ArmA.

It's an Alpha, you should expect that kind of issues. Performance tuning is the job for (late) beta

Intel HD Graphics are crap, to say the least. But since this concerns a laptop you can't upgrade anything.

Presuming you're on a laptop, there isn't much you can do to upgrade it. I would suggest buying a desktop for the ability of better hardware and upgradability. Apart from that, I would wait first, until arma resolve some of the problems with it at the moment.

Thanks for the responses. I figured that people are experiencing the same, but not in the same grade. I managed to work something out and I am now able to play with a decent quality plus without lagg. I am able to upgrade my graphic card on a laptop, which I most likely will. I will also consider to buy a portabal device that have a huge amount of speed where I can have Arma 3 and play it from there, to make it go even faster becuase my current Disk is abit slow.

Its the intel hd grapgics, but thats alot of ram fir laptop. Not much you can upgrade. I think you should still be able to play the game fine with that kind of hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by carz0159
View Post
Its the intel hd grapgics, but thats alot of ram fir laptop. Not much you can upgrade. I think you should still be able to play the game fine with that kind of hardware
Not much, but still some. Lagging badly now.

Since you have a laptop, your graphics card is the one integrated from the CPU which is quite crap for gaming , you could've chose one with an "external" GPU.