Roleplaying Terms

Terms for Newbies

RP: Roleplaying - Taking the role of a specific individual, acting their life out in the path you see fit.

CK: Character Kill - Suicide, any form of killing yourself that kills them permanently.

PK: Player Kill - When another player kills you, for example shootout or fight. You goto hospital, get treated and stay alive though.

MG: Metagaming - Using OOC info for an IC benefit, for example I am spectating John, and another gang is around the corner. I TP to him, ICly tell him that they're round the corner and go away.

PG: Forcing roleplay on another individual, causing potential unfair and unrealistic actions, for example John is surrounded by SWAT with M4's, he pulls a knife out and kills them all instantly without even giving them time to react. Another example is "/me hits someone knocking them out" there is no reaction time given.

BH: Bunnyhopping - Repeatedly jumping around to get somewhere quicker.

Chicken Running: Running around in a Zig-Zag so they can't get a shot on you.

DM: Deathmatching - Killing someone without a valid RP reason.

IC: In Character - Anything that happens RPly within your character's life.

OOC: Out Of Character - Anything that happens in real life, or not concerning the roleplay.

This was literally just posted: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=423887

and you made millions of flaws, so i fixed it up a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyksus
Посмотреть сообщение
No offence, but you should really add some more rules.
And powergaming is also doing impossible things. For example i jump of a bridge, and continue running.
Your metagaming example was just terrible. I would rather have put something like "Get on skype right now", or something similiar. And its not just using OOC info in IC. It's the other way around aswell. Many people thinks "Sell me your infernus for 900k" is not MG. It actually is, as infernus is IC and shouldn't go in OOC.

Hope that helped a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruteX
Посмотреть сообщение
No offence, but you should really add some more rules.
No, he should really delete this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyksus
Посмотреть сообщение
... I didn't even post the thread. I corrected the OP's mistakes.

Remove