How to properly configure Windows Firewall in order to make your own server

This guide is for those who have a router NET connection!
I think many of you confrunted with this problem. When trying to make a dedicated SA-MP server, you were the only one who could enter it. This is why: the problem is(or was in my case) the Window's firewall. Even if it's deactivated, it still blocks appslications, TRUST ME! ive tried to create a server about a month or so! the problem was...well...what do u think? YEES, the FIREWALL. so i did this:
Control Panel > Firewall:
#it will appear a window. there are 3 tabs on the upper bar: GENERAL, Exceptions, Advanced.

Go to EXCEPTIONS On the lower part of the window, there's a tab: ADD PORT. Click it. Now in the NAME box enter ..for example 'samp'(or whatever name you want. In the port one, enter 7777. Hit OK. hit add port again and now enter the name samp2 and port 7777 again BUT!!! as u can see there are 2 "dots" below: TCP & udp. Select UDP (because the TCP was selected in the first step). hit ok again.

#now go to ADVANCED tab. there u will see your net connection. Most probably it will have a Nike-like check on its left side. un-check it. Also hit settings and then ADD. Now u have to enter a name(again "samp") and the ip of your PC(u should have done you IP from dynamic to static 'tll now)(the IP can be found easily on ip-adress.com or any other web page.) enter the ip there, then also enter 7777 in both boxes below and hit OK. Do it again but this time instead of TCP, select UDP. hit OK. If u have the IP well configured by now, this could be helpfull. It helped me, though......

[BJT]Namtih-good luck and happy playin'

i was expecting for this to be sticked on the first page of SERVER SUPPORT..(cause i think that i cant do it myself) Many people have this problem , you know..

lol maybe if you dont double post

lol

i wouldnt if it would have been noticed....

umm

where you said

Quote:

#now go to ADVANCED tab. there u will see your net connection. Most probably it will have a Nike-like check on its left side. un-check it. Also hit settings and then ADD. Now u have to enter a name(again "samp") and the ip of your PC(u should have done you IP from dynamic to static 'tll now)(the IP can be found easily on ip-adress.com or any other web page.) enter the ip there, then also enter 7777 in both boxes below and hit OK. Do it again but this time instead of TCP, select UDP. hit OK. If u have the IP well configured by now, this could be helpfull. It helped me, though......

Also hit settings and then ADD

i don't have that. .

please help

Man, my tutorial was about windows XP, not Vista. It'sa not the same. I dont know how Vista's menu are. Try and get some more info;
I'll try and help u with it myself.

alright, thanks heaps anyway man. if you find anything just tell me . . dam.. i was so close to getting it working again.

ok i will. sorry

i cbf now.. u feel like playing for 30 min or so? you pick server. . or UIF?

edit: im goin on uif. talk to me if you come on. my name ProKnt_mascii