Question about Yagu's Race System

Hello,

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=3860

this is a good race script, to base myself on that code, and for editing ? the last update is Aug 5th 2007

For explicit feedback on the script, you should read through its topic to see if there are any reported issues or compatibility issues with later SA-MP versions.

I have some experience with Yagu's race system myself. For my project which has been in development since 2009, I very effectively used Yagu's race filterscript as the base for my racing feature. Although it is not very advanced out of the box, nor does it look very attractive to the regular player considering that it does not take advantage of the newer SA-MP functions such as 3D text labels, textdraws. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it does not provide precise timing (aka calculating finish times based on server tick count).

The only "old" thing that my project now sticks to is the race file syntax (a bit reduced, though) and its loading. Getting to know how the code works internally will not be an easy task at first, specially if you don't have years of experience to support your discoveries, but once you get the hang of it, it'll surely help you

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreT
Посмотреть сообщение
For explicit feedback on the script, you should read through its topic to see if there are any reported issues or compatibility issues with later SA-MP versions.

I have some experience with Yagu's race system myself. For my project which has been in development since 2009, I very effectively used Yagu's race filterscript as the base for my racing feature. Although it is not very advanced out of the box, nor does it look very attractive to the regular player considering that it does not take advantage of the newer SA-MP functions such as 3D text labels, textdraws. Also, if I'm not mistaken, it does not provide precise timing (aka calculating finish times based on server tick count).

The only "old" thing that my project now sticks to is the race file syntax (a bit reduced, though) and its loading. Getting to know how the code works internally will not be an easy task at first, specially if you don't have years of experience to support your discoveries, but once you get the hang of it, it'll surely help you
Thanks AndreT