Server Offline

At my house i can run my own server with samp-server, but now im at a friends house and i cant, it recognizes the server but once i join it says: "the server didnt repsond. retrying..."

Do i have to do anything special to the router so i can join in?

Hum, your servers run in local so if your computer is off you can't loging (have acces to your servers).. the box need to be open so you and your friends can play.. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P3DRO
View Post
At my house i can run my own server with samp-server, but now im at a friends house and i cant, it recognizes the server but once i join it says: "the server didnt repsond. retrying..."

Do i have to do anything special to the router so i can join in?
So that means that the server is responding to the pihng, and it's active but once you connect it says " server not responding, attempting to reconnect" that could mean that the client version is not the same as the server version. Make sure its the same.

i know that, but the problem is not that. At home i have the samp-server console open and i can join the server, at my friends i also have the samp-server console open but i cant join. And i already use ipconfig to get the correct gateway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamzaf
View Post
So that means that the server is responding to the pihng, and it's active but once you connect it says " server not responding, attempting to reconnect" that could mean that the client version is not the same as the server version. Make sure its the same.
Its the same version cuz im on my laptop, the same i use at home, i had the same problem at the university

Oh, did your friends have the same client versions like your?

im using my own laptop, so same version, same samp-server, same gm, same everything except the internet connection