Protect server in VPS.

Hi,

I save my server in VPS. All is fine, but some peoples can off my server, i think hackers, where i can get a little more protect for server?

Anyway, how they can off server?

Are they turning off the VPS, or the SA:MP server?

SA:MP server

look at logs to see what their doing .. turn off remote rcon in server.cfg
what plugins do u have

This could be due to various reasons, then.

For example, if you downloaded a script, the chances of it having "holes" are probable. When I say holes, I'm talking about secret commands or actions which aren't listed that could trigger the server to turn off.

Another problem that's pretty common is horrible coding practices that cause the server to crash or turn itself off. For example, infinite loops could EVENTUALLY turn the server off, depending on the code inside.

Otherwise, you might be under some form of network attack and in that case, you'll pretty much just have to wait until the attacks subside or if there's a way for you to prevent them by other means, use those (of which I'm not 100% sure of, so I won't give any examples).

I use mysql.so streamer.so sscanf.so . I don't use filterscripts, only gamemode. In logs, i don't see anything interesting, maybe a lot of connections, from same IP. I create my code by my self, no from internet, and + i tested always, no off server, never, i think they do something for server

Quote:
Originally Posted by audriuxxx
Посмотреть сообщение
In logs, i don't see anything interesting, maybe a lot of connections, from same IP.
That's generally a good sign of a network attack on your server. If they're all from the same IP address, you should be able to ban the IP from your VPS's firewall. Otherwise, contact your server provider and they will probably do it for you!

if you check logs and you find this like 10 or more times
incoming conection : ip.ip.ip.ip //Ban This ip the only thing that you have to do is go to sampban file open it
and copy down
and also you can find this
FailRconLoginAttempt from : ip ip ip ban ip and case solved

What firewall i can install for VPS debian 5 system? i heard about iptables, but how really, need install that..