Nvidia GTX 550 overclocked!

Hi Everyone i own a GTX 550 TI Overclocked By PNY!

Whats the point in this post?

Well i had this issue for a long time now and every game i play it flickers and crashes ones i was playing FAR CRY 3 only got like 3 min of gameplay auto turned off my computer maybe due to the overheating, case so the Next day i went to my friends house and i put my Graphics card on his computer to test and it worked 100% fine no flickering or anything? i do not know whats, going off but if this happend to you were would you check cos i dont no if its my computer it self or my card with the heatsink seems to be gone when i checked it Also can this be a big issue to my computer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMeDMZL4Uf0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMeDMZL4Uf0[/ame]

you may laff at this but it happend to me just like this photo below

My card

that happened to me when i overclocked mine. try underclocking

What's your processor?
It might be bottlenecking your video card.

it works fine when its really underclocked but that can damage the card i cant understand why its doing it!

Could be a bad PSU, bad drivers, or a bad video card.

If you have any extra PCI-E power cables, use those instead to see if that makes a difference. Also try installing newer video drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gDarius
Посмотреть сообщение
What's your processor?
It might be bottlenecking your video card.
I have a

Код:
AMD Athlon™ II X4 640 Processor 3.00 GHz

Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB 

System Type 64-Bit Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayW
Посмотреть сообщение
Could be a bad PSU, bad drivers, or a bad video card.

If you have any extra PCI-E power cables, use those instead to see if that makes a difference. Also try installing newer video drivers.
i did everything i dont have any extra PCI i did try installing new drivers i taken it out cleaned it out i checked it if was in fine formatted my computer didnt do a thing

Did you overclock it any more after buying it? If so, revert to stock and uninstall the overclocking software (I realize this came factory overclocked).

It may be that the card is overheating indeed, and his friend just has a stronger cooler and that's why it works perfectly on his computer, but not on your computer.

well i didnt try overclocking it even more i down clocked it to fix the issue but only does it at rar times, when playing like 20min or 10min of gameplay for far cry 3 no no way it will just burn out my computer case is fine the fans are top running very useful coolers. and Rayw you maybe right about that

If you want more info just let me know.