Running SA-MP from another partition

I recently installed Windows 8 and have Windows 7 installed, I dual boot. I am currently running 8, however my GTA:SA installation along with SA-MP is on my Windows 7 drive. I can run SA-MP fine, it opens correctly. However, when I connect it doesn't connect it just opens the game, brings up the new game menu for GTA:SA, etc.

Does anybody have a solution to this without having to boot into Windows 7?

If you want to play on Windows 8, try switching the compatibility mode to Windows XP or 7 on Windows 8. Also, run it as an administrator.

SA-MP stores the path to the gta_sa executable in the registry. And since there is no valid registry entry in your Windows 8, the game won't start properly. Make sure that the path is set correctly in the settings windows (the button with the gear symbol).

When I opened SA-MP the first time it asked me to find the GTA folder, so I did. So the path is already set, Vince :/ any other clue?

Why can't you have a separate GTA for 7 and 8?

Well, I can but I really didn't see the point when I can access the drive it's on from 8..? Plus I only partitioned 50GB for 8 so I really don't want to go filling 5GB with GTA