Server Location

Anyone know where the best location to put a server up would be?

Are you asking for which host, or the best geographical position?

It totally depends on your player base.
If your server have alot of USA players, you put your server on USA,
If your server have alot of EU players, you put your server on EU.

Geographical Position would be Dallas in the US most players get the best ping there. If you are looking for the best host there are a few you can check here https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=189169 . If you are looking for the cheapest one so far I found it to be Warbawz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujox222
View Post
Geographical Position would be Dallas in the US most players get the best ping there
Are you on drugs or something? People in the U.S will get a relatively equal ping at a Dallas, TX data center, yes. However, if you have players over in Asia, they aren't going to get a good ping.

I have a server in Germany and average at about 130-150ms, most of my players reside in the England and the surrounding countries. If you ask me, a location in Germany would be the best globally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
View Post
Are you on drugs or something? People in the U.S will get a relatively equal ping at a Dallas, TX data center, yes. However, if you have players over in Asia, they aren't going to get a good ping.

I have a server in Germany and average at about 130-150ms, most of my players reside in the England and the surrounding countries. If you ask me, a location in Germany would be the best globally.
Um 130-150 is better then 200-999 correct? Alright then. Also actually majority of the people who play SA-MP are from the US.

Quote:
View Post
Um 130-150 is better then 200-999 correct?
Yes, the lower the ping the better.

Quote:
View Post
Also actually majority of the people who play SA-MP are from the US.
Where on Earth are you getting your facts from? They're completely wrong.

Quote:
View Post

Hm, I don't know maybe because majority I have come across for the past 6 something years has been US Players. Also insulting me? You are very childish. I doubt you know as much as you believe you do.

Insult One -
Quote:
View Post

Insult Two-
Quote:
View Post

Insulting someone elses opinion does not make you more right in any matter.

I'm not from America. That's all that counts tbh.

Russia, perhaps?

Lol.