Question

Hello There,

I am playing on a server where is chatting pretty much, and the chat is dropping down my PC. I have read somewere that you can dissable your chatlog at your San Andreas folder. I've found it but how can we dissable it?

-Shifty

Honestly if the chat is slowing your machine down, you have much bigger issues. Simply disabling chat logging in SAMP will only remove the symptoms of the overall problem.

Set directmode to 1 in sa-mp.cfg by adding this line:

directmode=1

or if it exists and is

directmode=0

change the 0 to 1.

This changes the way chat is rendered, and may solve your problem.

Alternatively, if it's currently set to 1, set it back to 0.

Chat should not lag your machine much. If it is, your machine has to be is bogged down.

you can try and turn off the FPS LIMIT might help

What exactly do you mean by "dropping down your PC". Clarification? Do you mean that the text is filling up your screen or it's causing a decrease in performance such as lag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickie
View Post
What exactly do you mean by "dropping down your PC". Clarification? Do you mean that the text is filling up your screen or it's causing a decrease in performance such as lag?
He means that if he recieved client messages too fast game starts lag.
I have same problem. That's why I don't play on servers where admin "clears" chat.

Actually I want to dissable the chatlog.txd file because it is lagging my game. It's writing too much draws per second.

You sure it's caused by chatlog.txt? I don't think that is the problem, which causes your game to be lagging.

Or you could, get a new PC