[GameMode] Las Venturas Arena (LVA) v2.5.695 (Now 0.3 compatible!)

... ABOUT ...
"Las Venturas Arena (LVA)" which was formally known as "littlewhitey's Las Venturas Deathmatch (LW_LVDM)" was an exclusive gamemode to littlewhitey's SA:MP server. It has been renamed due to the fact it's not an exclusive gamemode anymore.

The gamemode is a whole rewrite of the LVDM~MG+LG gamemode and was first playable on the 14th of July 2007... since then the gamemode has evolved extremely and the total size of the source has tripled -> quadrupled .

Today I bring you LVA because I don't have the time to maintain it. I want to release it to those people who have helped me to learn Pawn and hopefully to script developers that are able to expand on the gamemode and make it more fun.

... FEATURES ...
A quick featurelist of what's inside the gamemode follows:
  • SQLite-based Registration System - Custom system that's faster than text-based filesystems, quite easily modifiable if you know how to use SQLite.
  • Gang System - Easily create a gang ingame to show off your clan or to chat with a group of friends. The gang system also features a gang territory system which allows gangs to compete with each other for territories.
  • Property System - Ingame property system that allows players to make extra cash.
  • Spawn Weapon System - Spawn weapon system that allows players to buy weapons to use after they spawn. You can toggle if spawn weapons save to the account by changing the SAVE_WEAPON define to true when compiling the gamemode.
  • Pirate Ship / Capture the Briefcase System - The attraction for the new players which allows them to easily earn money just by standing in this money gaining area. You can change this to a gamemode of "Capture the Briefcase" by changing the NEW_PIRATE_MODE define to true when compiling.

... CREDITS ...

Name - Reason
adamcs - Additional vehicle set.
BrandonB - Various additions to the gamemode.
DracoBlue - Various useful functions from him.
jacob - Helped solve a server crashing bug.
jax - Original creator of the LVDM series.
kenny01 - Wrote some kick/ban workarounds.
Kye / SA:MP Team - Creating SA-MP... this wouldn't have been possible without them.
littlewhitey - Hosting the gamemode on his official server and hosting a testing server for the gamemode.
LnX - Wrote a text draw system.
Lop_Dog - Created the second pirate ship.
Mike - Original developer for littlewhitey's gamemodes. Designed code to work with the server system.
Peter - Support, script troubleshooting.
Sintax - Ideas and style from LVDM~MG+LG.
Simon - Lead developer, core gamemode write.
****** - Helped optimize the gamemode a lot and pointed out a lot of bugs in the source.

There's several other people that have helped out in some way or another in bringing this gamemode to life (with things such as testing). They can be viewed using the /credits command ingame.

... DOWNLOAD ...
Latest Version:

The latest version is usually the most stable and with the most features. You can download the source code and binaries from the following links:

View on ****** Drive

If you feel like taking a risk or bug-testing, you can "checkout" the very latest code from SVN using the URL "http://dev.seachimp.com/lva". You can also just browse any unofficially released source code in your browser here!

Older Versions:

View All (Mirror)

Have fun!

Heh, already seen the gamemode a few months ago, I think you got a very unique scripting style, makes it quite hard to understand but yea. I hope people have fun with this and learn from it, I'm expecting quite a few "LVA" servers out there, so called "heavelly modded" :P. (pen1 all over again ).

Awesome. I've played on LW's.. and it's a very good gamemode. Good job Simon!

Any Screens will be good But Its really good work, I am gonna test it xD

WHOW!
I must dream. Very nice

Whoo... I have never think this gone by released! Great!

Freakin awesome GM Must be in the heaven right now, Congrats simon.

Thanks for the comments.

I've done a quick update for it.

Changes from 2.5.692 to 2.5.693:
  • Removed all warnings when compiling.
  • Changed the territory text style to something more attractive. (Compare)
Changes to files:
  • lva.pwn
  • lva_inc\lva_h.pwn
  • lva_inc\lva\menu.pwn

never thought nthis would be released thanks

Nice.

I started working on fluctuating property prices for the next version (2.5.7).

I was wondering what opinions were on such a system. Instead of being given a constant payment, your payments will be based on the amount of people in your property and how long they stay there (meaning players may want to start events and such in their properties?).

On the other hand you'll have the risk of losing money, the larger properties will have a larger running cost but will have a larger multiplier to (hopefully) cancel that out. The payment will be calculated something like this: Payment = Running Cost + ( Points X Multiplier )

The points will be given out each second, for every player in your property... I think the biggest problem will be finding a nice multiplier so people do not get ridiculous amounts of cash (I personally think too much cash makes the game less interesting).

edit:

Sale prices of businesses will maybe go up and down depending on how you run them, so if you run your business like crap then nobody will want to buy it meaning it will sell for less (putting you at a loss).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
I started working on fluctuating property prices for the next version (2.5.7).

I was wondering what opinions were on such a system. Instead of being given a constant payment, your payments will be based on the amount of people in your property and how long they stay there (meaning players may want to start events and such in their properties?).

On the other hand you'll have the risk of losing money, the larger properties will have a larger running cost but will have a larger multiplier to (hopefully) cancel that out. The payment will be calculated something like this: Payment = Running Cost + ( Points X Multiplier )

The points will be given out each second, for every player in your property... I think the biggest problem will be finding a nice multiplier so people do not get ridiculous amounts of cash (I personally think too much cash makes the game less interesting).

edit:

Sale prices of businesses will maybe go up and down depending on how you run them, so if you run your business like crap then nobody will want to buy it meaning it will sell for less (putting you at a loss).
This gonna be a evolution for properties systems, Simon, you are the guy! :P

WOw i tested it .... it's awesome .... Great job man

This pwns

/commands dont work !!! why ?

*Gets shocked* *Gets suprised* *Still having a expression on his face*
This script probably lives in everyone's heart dude, probably even mostly of the people have been on it. *Salutes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelator
*Gets shocked* *Gets suprised* *Still having a expression on his face*
This script probably lives in everyone's heart dude, probably even mostly of the people have been on it. *Salutes*
This really is LW's script? all those years i spend copying! (after one day i gave up) and you just release the script? why?

i downloaded it, made it work and am now just exploring every script for ncie pieces of code

i wish the admin script could of been released along with this

i agree, i think you should release the admin [fs] too, it was a bit callus to give us a taste and not the whole thing

Btw this rocks sooo hard

Awsome :O