(Insert City Name Here) Roleplay

Hey guys, I was just wondering what the SA:MP community thought about this.

I been in a few servers named-..

Los Angeles Roleplay, Chicago Roleplay, New York Roleplay, Miami Roleplay or Miami Streets Roleplay.

In these servers, the players would roleplay actually being in that city such as having LAPD, CPD, MMPD. I never really got over the fact that the police cars still say LSPD. ( I have OCD. )

So my question is, do you like the idea of roleplaying other cities apart from the fictional setting of San Andreas?

Yes, but you can use some systems to overcome that.
i.e Creating 3dtexts for Police cars saying the name of their Faction
I usually hate Roleplay but having names out of the San Andreas boundaries seems to make me want to check it out.

That's BS lol, you don't change a city by changing the name of the institutions in that city

Like you, I have OCD about the cars saying LSPD, yet their servers are set in other cities where those acronym's don't particularly fit.

You also bring up a good point by pointing out how generic and uncreative role play servers are these days by titling your thread (Insert City Name Here) Roleplay

Well new city name is good.. That is if you map a custom one... I think that "Miami" in Los Santos does just not work together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
View Post
That's BS lol, you don't change a city by changing the name of the institutions in that city
This is SA:MP, not real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton
View Post
Oh yeah, you're right. He can pretty much do all that pawn will let him do... :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy smyth
View Post
Oh yeah, you're right. He can pretty much do all that pawn will let him do... :P
And that's the magic of what the developers of SA:MP aimed to create. I hope that they create more text friendly additions to the client before they give up unless they haven't already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton
View Post
Don't Roleplayers pride themselves on role playing - playing like you would in real life. So for them, it is, just a point I wanted to make :P

Well, changing the City name as the Server is just a very stupid idea, as the objects around the Map wont be changed and the texts saying ''LSPD, LVPD'' and the signs on the cars. So i'd prefer to play in some natural servers like which have the original cities names.

How About

Red Country Roleplay

I Already created many servers including New York City Roleplay,Compton City Roleplay, Miami Streets Roleplay and my current one is Chicago Roleplay

Chicago Roleplay? That sounds slightly horrible. Now, San Andreas doesn't resemble a metro like Chicago.

I saw something like "Red Country Role Play" before.