Nexus 7

Has anyone had experience using a Nexus 7?

I pretty much just picked it out of the blue as I needed something to access my emails and stuff while being out. I know a phone would probably be alot better but I dislike browsing and doing other stuff for a long period (and every 20 minutes) on a phone.

Is the Nexus 7 a decent tablet? I was looking at a few other alternatives but it seemed alright for it's price tag (Ј159).

Unfortunately, ****** only sell a pink protective covers. Looks like I'm waiting for more stock.
https://play.******.com/store/device...2lmaV9waW5rIl0.

Honestly, why don't ****** stock other colours?

Anyway, what are people's opinions on the Nexus 7 vs other tablets in the same price range? I've never looked into tablets or anything similar as I have never exactly needed one.

Rather than Nexus 7, Nexus 10 got many good reviews, why don't you choose the best for little more cost?

My brother bought the Nexus 7 a few months ago, and it's AWESOME.

It has everything that you want in a tablet.

Playing games is also fun, since games like Six Guns, Dead Trigger & NFS run pretty smoothly as it runs on Tegra 3, the world's only 4-PLUS-1 quad-core processor.

Now that I've seen what a great tablet it is, I wouldn't want to buy any other (bigger) tablet, such as the iPad, Galaxy Tab or something of that sort.

I say go for it, you're not gonna be sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal_king
Посмотреть сообщение
Rather than Nexus 7, Nexus 10 got many good reviews, why don't you choose the best for little more cost?
10" was a little too big for me. I need it to be as portable as possible. 7" was around what seemed good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roperr
Посмотреть сообщение
My brother bought the Nexus 7 a few months ago, and it's AWESOME.

It has everything that you want in a tablet.

Playing games is also fun, since games like Six Guns, Dead Trigger & NFS run pretty smoothly as it runs on Tegra 3, the world's only 4-PLUS-1 quad-core processor.

Now that I've seen what a great tablet it is, I wouldn't want to buy any other (bigger) tablet, such as the iPad, Galaxy Tab or something of that sort.

I say go for it, you're not gonna be sorry!
And yeah, I have already ordered it before this, however I was just wondering if it was in-fact a good pick.

Ya, nexus 7 is a good tablet, especially for the money

I'm thinking of buying one aswell... but I'm a bit afraid, maybe some other opinions will help me choose.

The Galaxy Note 8.0 if you can wait for it to come out soon, other than than the Nexus 7 is great for the price

Well man I picked mine last xmas and I have to tell you it is completly awesome, specially because of its price...

I got the 32GB 3G version since I often send messages... But it's a very cool tablet, and be sure to game on it, because its quad-core @ 1.3Ghz rocks ( actually I have a modified kernel which lets me take it to 1.7 Ghz ) but anyway it's very fast...

Also I want to point one little problem that I've found on it, make sure you update it to the latest version 4.2.2, previously I had the 4.2.1, and man it is simply a piece of shitty-coded OS, it takes you ALOT of baterry my baterry now lasts almost twice, it make your nexus lag alot more and some more things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1ceC1ty
Посмотреть сообщение
The Galaxy Note 8.0 if you can wait for it to come out soon, other than than the Nexus 7 is great for the price
Why would he wait for it? Samsung Tablets and Phones are way OVERPRICED, I got my nexus 7 for 300 EURO where I could not find any Samsung Tablet nor Phone which is Quad-Core and with 32GB, not even at 500 EURO... Also mine is the 3G Version which is more expensive..

I went with a Lenovo Ideatab. However it has a 10" screen which you said you didn't want. But I absolutely love this thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashPT
Посмотреть сообщение
Why would he wait for it? Samsung Tablets and Phones are way OVERPRICED, I got my nexus 7 for 300 EURO where I could not find any Samsung Tablet nor Phone which is Quad-Core and with 32GB, not even at 500 EURO... Also mine is the 3G Version which is more expensive..
I don't know where you live but you must be getting ripped off. Here in Australia I can get a Nexus 7 for AUD $245 and a Galaxy Tab 2 for around $300. Overpriced? All the Galaxy Note tablets are far superior than any others, excluding Windows tablets. Some of the features you can get with the Note range you can not get on any other tablet; like multi-window(real multi-tasking) for example, or the S-Pen. I can easily go to any shop here and get a 32gb, 4G, Quad-core, 2gb of RAM Galaxy Note 10.1" for AUD ~$700. A few years ago I got my original Galaxy Tab from New York for $450. Buy online next time.

I don't know why you're trying to compare a budget device to the Galaxy Tab/Note range.