Requirments for Running a SA-MP server

Hey guys, so I looked around and couldn't find anything on this...

I am wondering what the recommended hardware stats for running a SA-MP server are. RAM, Memory, and anything else I need to know for choosing a host.

Thanks in advance!
jakejohnsonusa

If you're looking to host a simple server, buy a server off of the many hosting companies you can visit

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=189169

for more information about that. If you're going about buying a VPS/DEDICATED SERVER You can ask any service provider, and it doesn't take up that much ram/memory. You'll need to do research, and also know how much your 'vps' would be able to hold. The more players - the more usage of memory and so on.

Well, if your going to run a SA:MP server on a VPS or a dedicated server, here are the basic requirements.

Internet access (a full 100 player server uses roughly 4Mbps upload)
A forwarded UDP Port (7777 is default) | Guide
A static IP address is nice to have, but not necessary

Now, most regular scripts and custom scripts can go up to 200MB of RAM, more if your going to use MySQL.

If your going to use a regular SA:MP server host, you really don't have to worry much about this stuff unless the host your going for has special restrictions.

If you are going to choose a SA:MP host from https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=189169 , then you don't need to worry much about the specs. You can simply check their hardware specs on their site.

CPU: Anything from Intel Pentium 4 upward, depending on player amount and script.
RAM: Anything from 256 MB (for samp server only, more for OS), depending on player amount and script.
Internet connection: At least few KB/s per player (up and down) would be good to have, it can be a bit less, and again depends on the script too.

My server uses up 300MB of RAM, 18% CPU of 1 core on Intel Xeon E31270 @ 3.40GHz and 160/300 KB/s on 74 players.