Getting a Host

I'm still confused on how the slot works, if I choose a host service like RelayedServers.com, will I need to contact KingJ after that or will the server already be online after purchasing a slot and without me starting up samp server.exe , very confused, its my first time so forgive me if I make a mistake :/

P.S would be good if someone with experience can tell me about what to do

No. You choose your host from the list, go to their site, and buy their service.

If you are talking about HOSTED slot then you need to buy from a host that provides one.

you really will have to ask the host about how to use their service, because it can differ from every host.

It depends where you order the server, some have instant setup, which means that it will be ready instantly, and other have manual setup, which can take a longer.
When you rent a server from a hosting company, you can't just press samp-server.exe, since most hosting companies run linux.
Mostly, when you rent a server somewhere, they have a control panel, where you can start-stop-restart your server.
If you want to put files in one of the server folder, you can use FTP to connect to the host, and place (upload) your files in the directories you want.
For that, you can use a FTP client like Filezilla.

When you order at a host, they most likely send you an email with the details needed to connect to your control panel and FTP server.
The ordering happens (most of the time, if not allways) on the website of the host themselves, so go to the website of the host you want, and search for the order section.

If you need any info, just ask, there are enough people who will tell you what to do

what slot would you recommended? I live in UK so I'm trying to find one, I heard about igetty , and also how does this work ? will I need to send them my server or something

Depends, how many people do you want to be able to play on your server?
Each slot = 1 player, with that I mean, with each slot you have, a player can join.
If you have 10 slots, a max. of 10 players can join, and so on.
And, you don't have to send them your server, what you do is connect with your FTP client to the FTP server, and then you can drag and drop things to the server, just like a normal folder on your computer.

All the hosts listed in the Hosting companies thread, have passed a 'test', so all the hosts you see there are okay (the one better than the other, but I can't tell which one, since I'm not hosted somewhere).

oh I see , makes sense , I was confused about the slots , hope some one can provide a good host service based in UK , I'm still confused which host service to purchase on

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyen09
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm still confused which host service to purchase on
Take a look here.
Personally, I'd recommend Volt-Host. And, they do provide hosting solutions in UK.

Volt host is in Dollars ? so will my money be automatically be converted once I pay ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyen09
Посмотреть сообщение
Volt host is in Dollars ? so will my money be automatically be converted once I pay ?
The currency conversion and payment processing is done by the merchant gateway (like PayPal). You wouldn't need to worry about them.

Getty is good mate. They have instant server setup and are cheap. In my experience, there hasn't been any issues. Also they do provide hosted tab.

Good luck!