can't install sa-mp 0.3x - weird problem!

Hi

I wanted to upgrade sa-mp to 0.3x, so I went to sa-mp.com, downloaded sa-mp 0.3x and when the downloading was finished - boom! The download manager (firefox) told me that the downloading is finished but when I double-clicked the installer could not open. When I right-clicked, the 'Open' wasn't highlighted, so I opened the folder where I downloaded it and it dissappeared. I thought: something wrong with mozilla? Removed cookies and stuff like that, even disabled scanning the file when download done or run as administrator. I tried it with Internet Explorer - same problem. So I asked a friend to send me the installer via skype, he did so and when I hit 'open' an error window popped up 'Windows cannot find the file...'. Other files/installers are working for me, only the sa-mp installer not.

Anybody can help me with this problem?

I guess your antivirus software removed it. IIRC some of them will wrongly recognise SA-MP's installer as software with viruses, while it's not. You have to add the installer to white list and put them out of the segregated area in the antivirus software, if it has.

I made a different folder, opened nod32 and added the folder to white list (>exceptions), disabled the firewall and scanning after download finished. I hit download sa-mp and when the downloading is finished the same damn shit problem appears.. but I remember when I used CCleaner and scanned for registry troubles, something with '.../gta san andreas/sa-mp.exe' popped up. I don't remember it, something with file extensions, maybe the GTA San Andreas folder and stuff related with it causes the problem?

Any solutions?

Well:

1: Go to your download folder and check if is there
2: Change firefox to other internet server
3: Go to "Start" - "Search" (all) - And search Sa-Mp

1: No installer, I even enabled 'hidden files and folders' and there was nothing like sa-mp installer.
2: Tried IE and ****** Chrome and nothing. I even changed settings in firefox and removed cookies and set up the config - still nothing.
3: I found the installer using 'Search'. It was located in Temporary Files, but when I clicked it, it dissappeard and an error popped up. 'Windows can not find the file'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDaGxXx
Посмотреть сообщение
1: No installer, I even enabled 'hidden files and folders' and there was nothing like sa-mp installer.
2: Tried IE and ****** Chrome and nothing. I even changed settings in firefox and removed cookies and set up the config - still nothing.
3: I found the installer using 'Search'. It was located in Temporary Files, but when I clicked it, it dissappeard and an error popped up. 'Windows can not find the file'
If it was in temporary files, change the download destination to your desk and then re-change it. Just to install sa-mp

Add me on skype so i can help you.

Cheers

Well, my friend send me sa-mp files (sa-mp.exe etc.), unpacked to GTA SA, clicked sa-mp.exe and yeah.. client is working good, but when I try to connect on a server - it crashes me before the loading bar appears..

Currently I'm reinstalling GTA SA and SA-MP and I still don't know why the installer dissappears.

Add me on skype and i will help you from there.

Skyper: mikailtheonlyone

Cheers

Fixed.

After three days of attempt fixing, I finally done it. What I tried:
> Disabling the web protection in IE and Mozilla (doesn't work)
> Turning off the antivirus, firewall (doesn't work)
> Creating a folder and put it in white list (exceptions in antivirus) and download the installer there (doesn't work)
> Downloading the installer on other PC and dragging it on my current (doesn't work)
> Scanning the PC with some anti-malware (nothing)
> sfc /scannow in the console (scanning for windows interruption) (found one problem - fixed - but doesn't work)

Well, I was a bit dissappointed, but I asked my friend to make me a pack with the 0.3x files. I reinstalled GTA San Andreas and SA-MP (registry keys and documents). Installed fresh GTA San Andreas and installed an old version of sa-mp - 0.3a (the installer worked on my PC) and then I replaced the 0.3x files with the old ones and it works.

Thanks for any help. Closed.

Close all programs (SA-MP) then go CTRL + Delete if you turn on the Windows 7 start Task Manager, then install..