"Pro Mapper"

Hey guys. I'm curious to know what defines a "pro" mapper. I map sometimes and I feel understated by people that sell themselves as "pro" mappers. Since the mapping utilities are set up already, mapping, I think requires little to no skill other than a little perseverence and some imagination.

So what makes 'pro' mappers pros? Is it that they know how to align objects with x,y,z? Or is it just rubbish so that people choose them for their services?

someone who has been doing it for a few years i suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgrob
Посмотреть сообщение
someone who has been doing it for a few years i suppose
Time doesn't necessarily make you a pro mapper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
A professional is a person who is paid to undertake a specialized set of tasks and to complete them for a fee
Which would mean professional mappers are the ones who get paid for mapping.
Although I don't know who would pay for a map

Lenart has a point there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean
Посмотреть сообщение
Which would mean professional mappers are the ones who get paid for mapping.
Although I don't know who would pay for a map
I've got paid for some of my maps, but never called myself a professional mapper.

If you can do it with the utmost neat ness and be realistic and not put a disco floor in air, I think you qualify!

"The main criteria for professionals include the following:
Expert and specialized knowledge in field which one is practicing professionally.[5]
Excellent manual/practical and literary skills in relation to profession.[6]
High quality work in (examples): creations, products, services, presentations, consultancy, primary/other research, administrative, marketing, photography or other work endeavours.
A high standard of professional ethics, behaviour and work activities while carrying out one's profession (as an employee, self-employed person, career, enterprise, business, company, or partnership/associate/colleague, etc.). The professional owes a higher duty to a client, often a privilege of confidentiality, as well as a duty not to abandon the client just because he or she may not be able to pay or remunerate the professional. Often the professional is required to put the interest of the client ahead of his own interests.
Reasonable work morale and motivation. Having interest and desire to do a job well as holding positive attitude towards the profession are important elements in attaining a high level of professionalism.
Appropriate treatment of relationships with colleagues. Consideration should be shown to elderly, junior or inexperienced colleagues, as well as those with special needs. An example must be set to perpetuate the attitude of one's business without doing it harm.
A professional is an expert who is a master in a specific field."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Professional

Its just one of those terms that are completely useless but overused in samp.

Nobody is a "Pro Mapper" You just need to be creative and Have a computer xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_More
Посмотреть сообщение
Nobody is a "Pro Mapper" You just need to be creative and Have a computer xD
So true. The people that call themselves pro mappers make me sick. Unless they made the program that lets them map, it's silly.

Also, Mauzen is right too. I don't get how such stupid terms get embedded into peoples' skulls. I feel sorry for the people that pay for mapping, not realising how easy it is.

Everyone here is potentially a great mapper. Its not the ability to understand the X-Y-Z coordinates, its the imagination that defines between real mappers and fake mappers.

You can easily understand how each map program operates within days, and to master it takes a good week or two. But what really what i'm trying to point out is your brain and your understanding of the certain image you are trying to create.

There's nothing like a Pro. Everyone can be a good mapper, if you have the creativity, and spontaneous ideas, if you know what I'm talking about.

If i had 5$, I'd rather buy a pizza than go pay it to a supposedly 'pro' mapper, who is actually infant new to the SA-MP mapping realms

There is no "pro mapper". Pro mappers never existed in SA-MP,because a map done by a guy that calls himself a "pro mapper" can be ugly for another mapper,because they think the different way,they say "hmm,using this object here is just not right,you used alot of objects,instead of using this single object,to block this road!"

In my opinnion,there is no "pro mappers" there are "mappers" only. Everybody maps different,everybody imaginates different,also it is about concentration. Because some mappers get rushed and make their maps buggy. There is no doubt that there are really good mappers,but there will never be a pro mapper.

To be honest,there are mappers only, as I stated before,they map and they do good. Due that they get paid,but just calling yourself a "pro mapper" isn't right at all.

But,how can you a be a sucessful mapper? Well,object knowladge is the most part,using the same objects over and over again is not nice. Knowing almost all objects at GTA SA helps alot. I know it from myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer T
Посмотреть сообщение
There is no "pro mapper". Pro mappers never existed in SA-MP,because a map done by a guy that calls himself a "pro mapper" can be ugly for another mapper,because they think the different way,they say "hmm,using this object here is just not right,you used alot of objects,instead of using this single object,to block this road!"

In my opinnion,there is no "pro mappers" there are "mappers" only. Everybody maps different,everybody imaginates different,also it is about concentration. Because some mappers get rushed and make their maps buggy. There is no doubt that there are really good mappers,but there will never be a pro mapper.

To be honest,there are mappers only, as I stated before,they map and they do good. Due that they get paid,but just calling yourself a "pro mapper" isn't right at all.

But,how can you a be a sucessful mapper? Well,object knowladge is the most part,using the same objects over and over again is not nice. Knowing almost all objects at GTA SA helps alot. I know it from myself
Am I the only one that rated this response?

I think creativity is what alot of mappers lack, that's what makes a great mapper.