Help in fraps

Hello recently i have bought win8 and installed everything work's fine SAMP other games.. when i have downloaded fraps I've recored first two videos and it was great but the 3 and 4 5 6 7 didnt work.. when i record and go to Fraps directory and search for movie i see an Black screen .. and doesn't running my record.. and i get error like 0.x0092. something like that so :O

This might be something to do with windows8 veirson try getting a new Fraps or try get a updated one

What's you FRAPS size? and it's in "Half size" or in "Full size". Try to put it in 30 or 40 fps.

Good Luck

Fraps is just pure awfulness, in a lot of people's opinions. I would recommend purchasing another recording software called Dxtory. It's much more worth the money you actually pay compared to Fraps, and the fact that it doesn't kill your frames is a key feature that makes Dxtory unique. It also allows individual audio streams useful in editors such as Sony Vegas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Посмотреть сообщение
Fraps is just pure awfulness, in a lot of people's opinions. I would recommend purchasing another recording software called Dxtory. It's much more worth the money you actually pay compared to Fraps, and the fact that it doesn't kill your frames is a key feature that makes Dxtory unique. It also allows individual audio streams useful in editors such as Sony Vegas.
Isn't that what bandicam does?

Some other forum:

Dxtory - If you have a SSD then this is the best for you, the files are huge but the quality is the best. And it doesn't lower the FPS in game!
Fraps - The files are big and the quality is good, but it can make the FPS drop and cause stutter if your computer isn't that good.
Bandicam - It has a lot of features and files aren't that big. It can lower the FPS but not that much.

Another user of that same forum:

Fraps if you don't care about the big file sizes.

DxTory if you have a fast read/write hard drive.

Bandicam if you want decently quality with a small file size.

contact fraps support if you got legit licenses, they will help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haydn
Посмотреть сообщение
Isn't that what bandicam does?

Some other forum:

Dxtory - If you have a SSD then this is the best for you, the files are huge but the quality is the best. And it doesn't lower the FPS in game!
Fraps - The files are big and the quality is good, but it can make the FPS drop and cause stutter if your computer isn't that good.
Bandicam - It has a lot of features and files aren't that big. It can lower the FPS but not that much.

Another user of that same forum:

Fraps if you don't care about the big file sizes.

DxTory if you have a fast read/write hard drive.

Bandicam if you want decently quality with a small file size.
I've never used Bandicam. I can't answer that. I just know for sure that Dxtory has fantastic quality. & indeed you will need a faster read/write speed, but that shouldn't be a problem if you're serious on creating videos. I would be sure to get quality hardware in order to do so. It also doesn't require a very fast HDD either, nor do you need an SSD. I'm using a Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200RPM. It reads/writes at ~92MB/s. Of course it's not enough for 1080p quality but with the right codec, it can.

What people don't realize is that you don't have to use the default Dxtory codec. I'm using one called Lagarith Loseless Codec, and it records 1080p at stunning quality and no choppy recordings at all. Usually you would need a HDD that can read/write at ~145Mb/s+ in order to get pure 1080p quality without choppy footage.

Loving the codec, the software, and the recordings!

Download latest divx/xvid codecs.

Fraps works for me. but i have not tested it in Windows 8.

But if you have issues with it. i would suggest looking for a other program.