Just a concept...

What if it was possible to create an RPG GM - Based on Far Cry? (If you don't know it, watch the video below) Would it be practical; and would it be attractive. Perhaps, once players connect to the server, they have the option to choose how they landed on the wild, dangerous island, for example, they could have crashed by plane, or have been swept ashore by the tides. The idea of tribal warfare and such can be interesting as well, perhaps there can be a spiced up variety of how to initiate the server. Maybe if the island was say..Dominated by two tribes, each controlling one side of each island, so the players could stumble upon one, and join it. Also, there would of course be a survival mechanic scripted in it, with the /inventory and such. The island would have been hospitable in the past, which is why there's some houses here and there, maybe a small town in the middle and such, but it could have changed, and players would need to scavenge what they can get.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

Or, similarly based on an island, with an Alcatraz Prison concept implemented. Players would have to fight the imprisoning faction that want to lock/chain up every inhabitant of the island, so you will need to band up with other freedom survivors against the evil elitists, with warfare and all the survival mechanics intact.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

I'll come up with some other ideas...

VIDEO: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJpBeBllyxA[/ame]

Good luck, but I think you missed few points,.

It all is similar to DM, TDM, yea you can enforce strict admin watch but everyone will want to kill and fight, indeed that is the point of the concept.

As in game industry so it is in server ownership, you need to make a "design document", who is the target audience? ((medium/light roleplayer's)) how will I make player's like the server and how will I prevent them leaving, what is the story? what factions will be present in the game, how to prevent TDM/DM? and so on.

You gotta look at those points because they are crucial for the design of the script and server.
I did so with my September 1939.

I can't see Far Cry 3 working in GTA to be honest..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
I can't see Far Cry 3 working in GTA to be honest..
This. Although collecting things in far cry is good and can be implemented into sa-mp easily one of the main things for me was the killing of animals ( Not sure but i think sa-mp only has like 1-2 animal objects ) and shark/crocodile attacks as they was both funny and made me jump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatshizms
Посмотреть сообщение
This. Although collecting things in far cry is good and can be implemented into sa-mp easily one of the main things for me was the killing of animals ( Not sure but i think sa-mp only has like 1-2 animal objects ) and shark/crocodile attacks as they was both funny and made me jump.
Valid points, but perhaps the animal/creature part doesn't need to be placed physically, but could just be RP'ed..

We'll see

Free Islanders vs Lockup sounds good as a TDM.

Could be unique.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go with that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso97
Посмотреть сообщение
Valid points, but perhaps the animal/creature part doesn't need to be placed physically, but could just be RP'ed..
Yeah, I think it would be thrilling to type '/me gets bitten by a shark'. ¬_¬

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP2
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, I think it would be thrilling to type '/me gets bitten by a shark'. ¬_¬
ye, its all about the thrills