[Question] donate problem.

I going to donate a server for some IG stuff.
but i got some questions
1. after i donate, when the owner say no. i DON'T get your money.
are there any way to check if he got the money or not
2. i donate. and the server goes down in 2 days or the owner cheat after he got money. are there any way or place to report it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathushan
Посмотреть сообщение
I going to donate a server for some IG stuff.
but i got some questions
1. after i donate, when the owner say no. i DON'T get your money.
are there any way to check if he got the money or not
2. i donate. and the server goes down in 2 days or the owner cheat after he got money. are there any way or place to report it
The owner should have some "set" terms about the process of donations. Although I always disliked how unprofessional some servers carry out their financial transactions, there is a possibility that the owner may decide to cheat you, and unfortunately due to the fact that we cannot actually, physically bring him here, there is no certain telling whether or not you receive your money back. When ever donating, check the policies and have a small chat with the owner first, tell him if the server shuts down in the next couple of days or so, you expect a refund, and simply NEGOTIATE.

-Falcone
-Head of CG-RP

The rule of thumb is to only donate when the server runs decently and if you trust its management. If you do not trust the server management and think they will scam you, don't bother donating.

If it's a new server with chance of being shut down, do not donate either. If the server is new you should expect the server management to pay the bills themselves in the first period.

You have no foot to stand on as you willingly gave your money away.

As for the first one, ask the server.

As for the second one, here's my opinions on donating: Don't donate if you expect to get something out of it (unless the server is giving vip or something). Donations are what they are meant to be... donations. You are supporting the server, and most of the time, they are NON refundable.

My 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj101
Посмотреть сообщение
As for the first one, ask the server.

As for the second one, here's my opinions on donating: Don't donate if you expect to get something out of it (unless the server is giving vip or something). Donations are what they are meant to be... donations. You are supporting the server, and most of the time, they are NON refundable.

My 2 cents.
A lot of RP servers offer additional features to thank their donators, so the topic starter probably means that he is afraid not to get such promised items after donating.