[HOW TO]Apply the downgrading patch

i getting this:

i tried to DL the downgrader
it does not work
does it work for any1 else?

what if we have the version 3.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilenko
It seas:This program cannot patch the installed version of San Andreas because of the following reaso:

The destination directory doesen`t contain any fiels to pacth.

PLS help!!!
You have to find the directory of your "gta_sa.exe" file...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storey246
when i try to install the patch, it tells me i have an unknown version

"This program cannot patch the installed version of San Andreas because of the following reason

D:\PROGRAM FILES\ROCKSTAR\GTA SAN ANDREAS\gta_sa.exe: unknown version"

me 3... :"f\PROGRAM FILES\ROCKSTAR\GTA SAN ANDREAS\gta_sa.exe: unknown version" and i don't have the dll file

this is being really stupid i have done everything whenever i try to dl the patch it says that i cant because of unknown something and ive done everything that people say to do it just isn't working whenever i try to play samp it goes to single player then crash's r8 after i am getting really annoyed so can some one please help me......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucks
Ok, i need some help.
I've got the Multi (chose the language german) v1.1 and after I choose the gamedirectory and click next:

What should i do?
Maybe you alredy have Version 1.0. Try to install the mp-mod and see if it works without this downgrader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsaddam
It says there is not enough space in the disc, what do i do?
If you don't have enough space, then YOU need to get more MEMORY for your comp lol!

Uknown Version?? can i do anything about that?

Well I only get this:

I don't have Vista, I have Windows XP pack2.
But I don't know what version I am using of San Andreas and I tryed to change to European v2 but It didn't work.

I am also having issues with this down grader patch. I -was unlucky enough to get a new pc that has vista and version 2 of the game.

My issue is when I install a car or building or what have you the game loads fine and all but on 1 saved game it crashes and on the other it is like I did nothing. It also acts like nothing has been done when i go and start a new game. I have also double checked and made sure that the mod was right in all the proper places including IMG Tool 2.0. What the hell is the deal with mine? I have the downgrader patch. Feel free to help me out I have completely completeted the game and would like to upgrade it. My e-mail is bentfender1981@yahoo.com

Ok just to let some of you know I have managed to get some mods into san andreas by using the GGMM program which as some of yopu know is a garage mod manager

nice post
but it is for noobs

I followed the downgrade wizard but it didn't freakin' work...

Fixed it by re-installing SA-MP, thanks for the help anyway. Credits to my neighbour Dani for it, lol.

There's just something I want to say.
Honestly I registered here just so I could notify you guys, that there is no actual way I can play SA:MP. Now, I have a 1.01 version, even if I delete the game and reinstall it, it will ALWAYS, ALWAYS be 1.01. There isn't any way I can play it because the link is dead, has been dead for months. There is no other link, I looked in to it and found nothing. Meaning I have no way to downgrade my SAMP, so I keep going to singleplayer.
I just wanted to inform you guys and the users, that it is very rude and mean of you guys to not even give a crap about it(Excuse my language), since you could easily upload the patch and have god knows how many people play it too. I don't know if you guys aren't informed of this or you are, because there are several posts at the download page and a post in this thread. But I seriously can't believe that there is only one link and that link has been dead for months. I'm raging like a bull right now because of this. Thank you for reading.

hi guys i know this thread is old but i have a problem whit the upgrader
he says i have unknown version
1. i have the v.2.0 German version
2..XP Whit sp3
3.and not the cracked version

can anyone help me
i reinstalled sa-mp 3 times
what can i do now ?

Heya Guys,
I've got the same problem as all ... i got the original Disc and i got Vista 32 bit... i srsly cant downgrade cause of the same liek everybody has .....gta_sa.exe: unknown version... i got german v2.00 (or is it europen?)

and when i start sa mp it makes me start with singleplayer and after a few sec the game is shutting down... reinstalled gta sa few times and sa-mp ...

So probably once a GM/CM/Moderator or who ever knows smth bout the technical things PLEASE REPLY and help us ....

Or probably some1 knows a link where i can get a downgrader for german v2.00?

I have this problem and im not sure what to do
cannot create C/progam files/rockstar games/ gta san andreas/gta_sa$$A"
you will have to run the utility again to completly update san andreas".

Can someone help me please!!!! When i try to patch the version it sez that it's unable to do that beacuse I have an UNKNOWN version!?!?!?!? Help me please!!!

How do i see what version i have?
When i try to save it in a file it says:
This program cannot patch the installed version of San Andreas because of the following reason:
C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe: unknown version

(i write in C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas)

and when i write in

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\gta_sa.exe it says: Invalid directory.

Please help me.