Raspberry Pi thread

Hi there !

I recently bought a Raspberry Pi which is a small and cheap (35$) single-board computer. The second version (ver B) has a 700MHz ARM CPU, a GPU which support 1080p30 videos, 512MB RAM, two USB ports, one Ethernet (10/100Mbits) port, one HDMI (normal one, not the mini), one 3.5mm jack audio output and one S-Video output. It also has a SDHC card slot which contains the OS and is powered by micro USB.

The thing I like with the Raspberry is that you can put it everywhere, exchange your SDHC's with friends to use their OS and even if the hardware is not powerful, it's still enough for a media center or to accomplish some tasks.

I use mine as a XBMC media center to watch full HD movies on my TV from my NAS. I have another SDHC card with Raspbian (Debian based) on it which I use to control my DSLR camera (Canon 5D Mark III). I'm actually working on a Raspbian based OS for photographers to add a lot of new features to DSLR cameras (Canon and Nikon).

Do one of you have a Raspberry Pi ? What do you use it for ? What are your projects ?

Official Raspberry Pi website : http://www.raspberrypi.org/

Yes. I just got one Saturday, but I still need to find a HDMI to VGA adapter cable thingy so I can plug it into my monitor as it's not very ergonomic to use it on the telly.

No idea what to use it for though, was thinking about some home web server.

Got one for a while, mostly using it via ssh/vpm, or plugging my iGlasses to it (lol).
I mainly use it for general experiments, some wlan webcam stuff, robotics, or "private webserver" (webstorage to access from uni). Just tried raspbian yet, but im also planning to use xbmc for the TV.

I am definitely planning on getting one soon, I also recently saw this offer : http://www.edis.at/en/server/colocat...a/raspberrypi/

I've had servers with EDIS before and I know they are trusthworthy, I just wouldn't expect much support considering it's free.

I'm seriously getting on, it's quite funny to have such a small "computer"

That QR code clock on the video is awesome, I've heard about these before but a few months ago I bought an Ouya. Not exactly the same thing but I find it fascinating to see how far computers have come. Thanks for sharing, 25 bucks I'm going to get myself one.

Possible to run Shoutcast server on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDok
View Post
Possible to run Shoutcast server on it?
Possible, but still in development.

This is a how-to on streaming audio with icecast on raspberry pi.