Can we do something about the flying tanks?

For us, TDM guys the flying tanks are a big issue. If you spawn a tank on a certain surface, the tanks go crazy...
I have tried to fix it, using the OnVehicleStreamIn callback, but there still isn't a 90 percent chance of it working. It may be the tank weight or something related to its characteristics.

PS, making a tank a little more resistible to weapons, except RPG, would be very awesome.

1. The 'flying tanks' can't really be fixed. It happens when they collide with something, then the game tries to 'bounce it back' but over-does it (at least from what I know..).

2. SetVehicleHealth..

IIRC this bug doesn't exist until 0.3d or something. I have a little doubt that it would be an SA bug. It is quite annoying and needs to be fixed.
I tried to use SetVehicleVelocity, SetVehicleAngularVelocity and GetVehicleZAngle+SetVehicleZAngle to stop it with a timer of about 0.6s, but sometimes it just doesn't work. The tank may fly up high again.

If that bug occured only once in a while, I wouldn't mind. But it occurs all the damn time! I once remember playing on LS-CNR, we 3 guys get in a shop, then we get out of it: the THREE tanks were flying for all 3 of us! I spawn a tank with a command, HALF of the time it goes flying like hell (with me in it...).

Oh, and I don't want to be told to make a script to patch this: that's not how SAMP should be working, and I have other things to do than wasting my CPU for such a thing.

Gentlemen, I think I fixed the tank bug...

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...18#post2338218

Nice, would you explain a little bit on how it works?
Actually, the tank usually spins very fast. If we can make use of this property then we can easily detect it, but there is no GetVehicleAngularVelocity.

What about spawning the vehicle in the air, like 2 meters above ground? So it can fall onto the ground instead of probably spawning partly inside the ground. Honestly, I have never seen such a bug. But I don't spawn tanks that often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong124
Посмотреть сообщение
Nice, would you explain a little bit on how it works?
Actually, the tank usually spins very fast. If we can make use of this property then we can easily detect it, but there is no GetVehicleAngularVelocity.
That script just gets the position and angle of a tank, as a player exists the tank or when a tank respawns. No need for getting angular velocity or anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basssiiie
Посмотреть сообщение
What about spawning the vehicle in the air, like 2 meters above ground? So it can fall onto the ground instead of probably spawning partly inside the ground. Honestly, I have never seen such a bug. But I don't spawn tanks that often.
Same thing happens when a vehicle streams in a player's world.

I'll have a try on that script, thanks.

Could anyone make an example video of this, before the filterscript, and then show the Fix filterscript at work?

Thanks, whoever!