New IRC client in development - suggestions wanted!

Hey all,

Fellow SA-MP member damo (who some of you may remember as damospiderman) is designing and making a new IRC client which will be publicly available for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems once it is finished!

So far it is much more user-friendly and customisable than existing IRC clients such as mIRC, Mibbit, xChat etc (and much prettier!) with many more features, too.

We want feedback from anyone who uses IRC regularly, so feel free to post suggestions, questions, comments, criticisms etc.

Some things we would like to know are:

1. What new features would you like to see in this new client that existing clients do not have?
2. What features of existing clients do you like and hope to see recreated in this new client?
3. What features of existing clients do you not like and do not think should be included in this new client?

We look forward to hearing from you!

When I first opened IRC, I barely knew how to connect to a server, I'd like to see it more NOOB friendly, easier to connect to a server, find things easily, etc. P.S Still a Noob xD

I don't know if this is already in an other IRC Client, but i want to order my server list.
So i can set the server where i want it in the server list, like some up and down buttons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBank3
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't know if this is already in an other IRC Client, but i want to order my server list.
So i can set the server where i want it in the server list, like some up and down buttons.
Haha yes, this is something that I suggested too. It's so annoying not being able to order them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiernantheman
Посмотреть сообщение
When I first opened IRC, I barely knew how to connect to a server, I'd like to see it more NOOB friendly, easier to connect to a server, find things easily, etc. P.S Still a Noob xD
Hehe noted!

Thanks guys! Keep 'em coming!

Nah what he's suggesting is different to you Potassium. You wanted channel sorting, he wants server sorting in the server "favourites" list that comes up. Not sure how I'm going to show the server list atm or if it needs one. Was thinking of just have your saved servers listed

Screenshots or I die!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
Screenshots or I die!
Coming soon

A way to customize highlights a lot better, sounds, color etc. And it goes into a new window showing all the highlights that you get in a window (similar to the one that's in NBS irc.)

A way to EASILY set the channels to join when connecting to a server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero™
Посмотреть сообщение
A way to customize highlights a lot better, sounds, color etc. And it goes into a new window showing all the highlights that you get in a window (similar to the one that's in NBS irc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
A way to EASILY set the channels to join when connecting to a server.
Noted! Thanks!