Any hints or ways to boost your playerbase?

Hello. I'm a member of a server that kinda deserves more attention than it already has. I've formulated some ideas, but can't imagine them as sufficient enough. I've decided to open my wallet for this, but I don't know any places where you can effectively increase website traffic exept for ****** Ads, which is basically crap for SA-MP directed websites. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Make your server appear in hosted tab?

We have a hosted tab, but it ain't good enough, appearantly.

Now that you have updated your signature it appears that you run a RP server.Now the hosted list is flooded with many RP server which is the reason why you are not getting enough players.

my suggestion : Change gamemode type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samp_India
Посмотреть сообщение
Now that you have updated your signature it appears that you run a RP server.Now the hosted list is flooded with many RP server which is the reason why you are not getting enough players.

my suggestion : Change gamemode type.
I had my signature like this since I posted this thread, so I don't know why.

The server I'm playing on has a gamemode that consists of 70.000 lines, coded from scratch where the owners has been working on it since 2011, and they update it basically each month with a lot of new features that players suggest. It's really easy for you to say "change the gamemode", but it ain't. It used to do good, but then half of the players disappeared for a wierd reason and I'm sure it can achieve the old level it used to have, maybe even better with the correct ways of doing things.

Well the "hosted tab is fllodded with RP servers" is the truth.which makes harder to make a RP server sucessfull..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samp_India
Посмотреть сообщение
Well the "hosted tab is fllodded with RP servers" is the truth.which makes harder to make a RP server sucessfull..
It might be hard, but it's completely plausible. Especially when I've seen it myself. We're on a downfall right now, and I'm asking the rest of the community here some tips of how to get it back on it's feet. You don't have to, but all hints and tips are much obliged.

Is it just me or is the forum getting spammed by these 'How to increase playerbase' topics nowadays?
Well, huh.
Even without a hosted tab, you can get a playerbase. Keep a forum and don't always strive to make the server unique, because it limits you (I know this dialogue is stolen.) and err, try to be professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expulsion
Посмотреть сообщение
The server I'm playing on has a gamemode that consists of 70.000 lines,
"Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight." -Bill Gates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
"Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight." -Bill Gates