Interiors, what are they?

I know that if you want to use the same space twice, for 2 different things, you can set the VW too a different number. If you want to load objects specific to that VW you need to use the VW CreateObject function in the script.

But, what are interiors? When I set my interior to something different, I can still see the same players but some of the objects don't load.

Interoir is a place from inside, like CJ's inside house it is a interior. Interior is made up with the coordinates!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Rep + me if ya bgot any help!

Each "interior" is just a different world render of the map of GTA San Andreas. They're called "interiors", because interior ID 1 to 18 (except from 13) have the interiors of buildings floating around in the sky. Interior ID 0 is generally used as the outside world.

If you're entering a building, like a cloth shop or a Cluckin' Bell building, you will be teleported to a different interior render world. By typing /interior, you can see in what the ID is of the interior world you're currently in..

The reason why you don't see all the map objects in other interiors, is because ID 0 is meant as outside world. The other interior IDs were only meant as "inside" world, but sometimes a small part of the outside world co-exists in a interior world.

So what is the purpose of them? If all the insides of buildings are bits of map floating around in the sky, and you just use coordinates to get there, what is the purpose of setting an interior for the player when at that map location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlithan
Посмотреть сообщение
So what is the purpose of them? If all the insides of buildings are bits of map floating around in the sky, and you just use coordinates to get there, what is the purpose of setting an interior for the player when at that map location?
It gives an performance boost, as the game doesn't have to render and calculate all the objects anymore. On computers nowadays you wouldn't notice it very quickly, but it was quite crucial back then.

The official readme of GTA San Andreas states that some of the recommended hardware requirements are at least 384 MB of RAM and at least 128 MB Video Card. Those numbers aren't that big anymore, but back then it was very crucial to have the game run as good as possible.

You're not seeing the objects on the server when you change your virtual world or changing your interior?

Ok thanks.