[FilterScript] Simple Cellphones

Simple Cellphones
** by LarzI aka. zCourge **

FLAW FIXED - LINKS UPDATED.

What does this do?

This FS simply adds the ability to "call" another player. This is simply just a PM-like system where you "call" the player, then freely chat with him, and then hang up when you\'re done. Everything you write (except commands) while you\'re in a "phonecall", will be sent to you and the player you\'ve called only.

Listed features:
  • Personal phone numbers - all stored in a single file using tags (y_ini), created when you initialize the filterscript for the first time (writes n numbers into the file based, where n = MAX_PLAYERS
  • Private phone number (only to be called by people who has your number in their phonebooks)
  • OnPlayerClickPlayer to call players (Tab > Double-click)
  • Dialog-based and command based calling
  • Dynamic phone-book where you can add, remove or call contacts (contact names doesn\'t have to be their in-game name
  • A configuration file where you can enable or disable private phones and the OnPlayerClickPlayer-feature
  • Animations
Possible future feature(s):
  • Let owners configure wether they want players to get their phones on connect, or have to buy them, by setting an option in the configuration file
  • New: Let owners configure wether they want file-saving or SQL-saving, and implement mysql.
What can this be good for?

This would be suitable for RP-servers, I guess.

How do I use it?

You need to get the required plugins and includes (listed below), then just simply put the cellphone.amx into the filterscripts folder, and add "cellphone" to the filterscript line in the server.cfg file.

Required plugins and includes:
  • Includes:
    • y_ini. (part of YSI)
    • y_iterate (part of YSI)
    • zcmd
    • sscanf2 (along with the plugin mentioned below)
  • Plugins:
    • sscanf
Edit: I have no idea why I said this FS used Whirlpool, as it doesn\'t. Tiny error, I apologize.

I used this FS and found a bug/glitch - what do I do?

Either post a reply here or send me a PM, and I\'ll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Downloads
  • Mirror(s):
    • To be added if provided
Thanks to:
  • Y_Less for YSI, sscanf and whirlpool
  • Zeex for ZCMD
  • Slice for tutoring on bit-flags (used in script)
Enjoy!

Nice one buddy.Good job.

Cool Keep up!

Nice one larzi.

Really nice job

- ignore -

sounds cool bro

This is good, I like it, can see the work you put in !
Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarzI
[i]n[/n]
Fail, lol

Good work mate

Nice one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajat_Pawar
View Post
This is good, I like it, can see the work you put in !

Also:

Fail, lol
Fixed

Looks nice, and I desperately tried to find something to use it for, but I cannot find a use for it in my DM server.. Might be useful for CNR, or RP, or any server without a PM system.

Good Work!

FLAW FIXED - LINKS UPDATED.

Special thanks to Y_Less for sorting something important out for me.

Nice .. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MM]18240[FMB]
View Post
Looks nice, and I desperately tried to find something to use it for, but I cannot find a use for it in my DM server.. Might be useful for CNR, or RP, or any server without a PM system.
Yes indeed. This is just simply a "kind-off" PM system where you can freely chat (instantly) with another player, without having to type /pm, but with some animations, sounds and an easy-to-use UI.

Nice!

Nice work

It\'s old, but thanks anyway dude