SA-MP 0.3x objects suggestions

0.3x Object suggestions!

Expiation

Alright so this topic was made for some object suggestions on which objects should be added, credits giving toward Southclaw for the idea,
Anyway im going to allow all of the SA-MP community to give ideas to the team or Cessil and maybe help him a bit to improve SA-MP, even though
some objects won't be added like last time, there’s probably another time, but right now, we are wanting to improve SA-MP as its best, putting
thoughts toward the SA-MP team, and also don't forget to put an expiation of WHY it should be added, I mean there's always a reason toward
adding these objects, and they have to be explained, Just for basics, I’ll go and post what I’ve done and taken from the SA-MP community, media is also
Recommended for these suggestions too, also objects that are from other games will not be added, due to SA-MP may not want to interfere with copyright,
and don't want to cause more problems on the line (Meaning no objects from other games, like GTA IV, or Max Payne 3)

Anyway, here's what I’ve suggested/made..

Код:
 Terrains - Bunch of uses, mapping..

Fixed Interiors - Can be used for lots of ways, saves people time on doing it.

Pipelines - Suggested from Southclaw don't know why, maybe he'll explain.

Floor objects ( This has been suggested loads of times. ) - To go with the walls Cessil made.

Dollar objects - Can be used maybe in RP servers or Cops and Robbers purposes?

Camera object - RP, but maybe some other uses.

Crowd object ( Just some crowded people, you'd understand once picture seen. ) - Lots of uses with the objects including mapping.

Medical objects ( By Int3so credits go to him. ) - Mainly can be used for RP purposes.

Police line - (Credits go to Vince for the object.) RP purposes 

Road Sections - Bunch of uses with the items, going along with the terrain idea, mapping mainly will be used with. [b] I could make more if needed so, like intersections and such.
Wanna beta test the objects? Sure!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33162718/So...ons%200.3x.rar

Now I’d like to hear the SA-MP Community's ideas

I don't think they are adding objects to 0.3x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie`
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think they are adding objects to 0.3x.
It's only RC1! We usually go all the way up to RC8! You don't know that.

Honestly, I've seen you try dude. You've been trying for the past what? 2 versions since custom objects we're released. I think it doesn't make sense anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar
Посмотреть сообщение
Honestly, I've seen you try dude. You've been trying for the past what? 2 versions since custom objects we're released. I think it doesn't make sense anymore.
Trying what? And this is relating toward suggestions to the new SA-MP 0.3x not any other map mod, and i'm sure there were lots of people asking for new SA-MP objects besides me, this topic is to discuss what do YOU suggest which objects should be added onto the new SA-MP version...

Anyway, i'll be releasing the objects to the public tomorrow or today, when I have some time uploading them..

Get a browser with spell check.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macluawn
Посмотреть сообщение
Get a browser with spell check.
What do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer101
Посмотреть сообщение
What do you mean?
You have spelling mistakes everywhere. Just take a good look and you'll find them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schurman
Посмотреть сообщение
You have spelling mistakes everywhere. Just take a good look and you'll find them.
Fixed..

Happy? Back on topic..

I would love to see clothing objects to be added. Like shirts, shoes, etc. to attach to the character.

Shirts and shoes wouldn't be possible due to the skin sizes etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Luis
View Post
Shirts and shoes wouldn't be possible due to the skin sizes etc.
Scaling can do this, but it will take time to do it for many skins (that is, obtaining offsets per skin).

Just thinking, but if it is possible to change textures of objects, cant it be done with skins?

Smaller cargo ship, that can be parked next crane near SF military base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
Scaling can do this, but it will take time to do it for many skins (that is, obtaining offsets per skin).
Didn't think of scaling, it'd take all day to get it really accurate.

I think fixed interiors shouldn't take up another object ID. It should be directly replaced with the original one, just like the LS office did. Those interiors are only added with collisions, which have no difference in appearance with the original one. It is a waste of the quota for the models due to the face that GTA:SA can only add 20000 different models and we don't have much left.

Also, terrains and floors shouldn't be added as separate objects for different textures. They should be combined as 1 model that only takes up 1 quota, and then provide alternate textures in the TXD file, so that scripters can change it in scripts.

I request for this because there are servers that add custom objects that are created by them. If the SA-MP object pack continues to add repeated models like 0.3e walls did, they can't add new objects any more. Thus I hope the usage of model could be seriously considered, unless you can overcome the GTA:SA limit of 20000 models.

Hopefully these ideas are useful:
  • Duffel bag
  • Backpack (the game is really lacking good bag objects I feel).
  • Defibrillator (Don't just think it would only be useful for roleplay, could be used to create a revival system for deathmactch-based games).
  • Balaclava/Ski-mask (not sure if this is already here but with the options to re-scale player objects this would be fantastic).
Could have sworn I had more ideas, oh well I guess that's all for now until they come back to me.

Wow, those objects are nice, I'll hope to see some of them in the later RC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenc_
View Post
Yes, as I recall Spiggari attempted to do something like this once, and I don't know if he succeeded in doing this or not, but on the other hand, yea could be possible..

Quote:
Originally Posted by leong124
View Post
I think fixed interiors shouldn't take up another object ID. It should be directly replaced with the original one, just like the LS office did. Those interiors are only added with collisions, which have no difference in appearance with the original one. It is a waste of the quota for the models due to the face that GTA:SA can only add 20000 different models and we don't have much left.

Also, terrains and floors shouldn't be added as separate objects for different textures. They should be combined as 1 model that only takes up 1 quota, and then provide alternate textures in the TXD file, so that scripters can change it in scripts.

I request for this because there are servers that add custom objects that are created by them. If the SA-MP object pack continues to add repeated models like 0.3e walls did, they can't add new objects any more. Thus I hope the usage of model could be seriously considered, unless you can overcome the GTA:SA limit of 20000 models.
Yes, I tried the method of doing that, but then the SA one takes up the airport I was using, I agree with that idea though instead of wasting object ids on the interiors..

But what about only having two separate models of terrains, which one of them can be the flat one, all though you can't have a big huge landmass due to the collision will be buggy and such, that's why I added in separate terrains though, and SetObjectMaterial can be adjustable with this.

- Good road objects to map islands
- One-object-ship or ferry would be nice
(Much servers have a ferry that exist 20 moving objects or more)