DJ Setup

What programs, and items do I need to DJ like a pro?
I got virtual DJ but doing it all on a laptop/pc is noob lol, I got like 20 grand hits in 2 months, but I want to go gigs.

Like, what DJ turn tables should I get, speakers, programs, etc.

BTW Edit:

I want to be a laptop DJ... I havent had a clue what any models of laptops to get, mixers, turn tables etc.

I want a setup that looks like this
(Bigger turn tables, not those small ones on Pioneer DDJ-SX)

Some setup that looks like this

But with more dials or whatever. I know i seem lik a begineer becaus i dont know how to explain it, cuz im not good at enlish! i am russian :P (My forum name is rp)

Also, I was wondering if you guys could give an exact list what would be good for me, price doesnt matter! You want rep? List it up! Also if I should get any other equipment to add to the turn tables, mixer, and like laptop. And what are those playlist programs that everyone uses?

First and foremost, a mixer !

Ok, I need like certain models and everything, the best of the best.

Btw my budget is 2 grand, well maybe 5.

Can you guys find me a perfect set of everything together? Like links to pages and models and stuff like that?

the fact that you posted this thread on a samp forum clearly shows you're going to be a pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_Echo
Посмотреть сообщение
to DJ like a pro?
First: equipment is quite a minor matter. "Getting a pro" by getting expensive stuff is nonsense.
Second: First get a pro, then watch out for equipment. If you got no idea what youre doing, and got no idea what you need, how do you know you need something at all yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
the fact that you posted this thread on a samp forum clearly shows you're going to be a pro
That means nothing. He was merely asking for opinions and advice, there may be, believe it or not, people on here who are music producers who sometimes DJ at shows or DJ's themselves. It's a very large community.

I wouldn't suggest using Virtual DJ. You can use DAW's too. Ableton seems pretty popular and so does FL Studio.

Woah, woah, woah!

First of all, Dortmund - You don't know what you're talking about.
DAW means Digital Audio Workstation - Which means it's meant for PRODUCING
You'll have to know the difference between being a producer and a DJ.

A producer uses DAWs, that's correct. (There's a excuse about Ableton, it can be used as a live DJ set aswell)
A DJ is going either just external hardware, such as USB, CD, Vinly or even programs like VDJ, Traktor or Serato, which are digital DJ software.

To Nick_Echo aka OP:
Virtual DJ is a fine piece of software for start learning, I even know a few pros using it too, but its very limited. (Doesn't really makes it bad)
I assume this is your first try at DJing, which means you shouldn't be investing all of your spare money for this, you'll have to try it out, and see if you're ready to spend money and TIME on training and clubbing.
You could start of by buying a cheap MIDI controller (USB controlled device which has both small decks aswell a mixer, it's a more compacted setup)
As for a starter I would recommend any of the Reloop controllers like: Reloop Mixage Interface Edition MK2 (Cheapest and best at its priceclass)
If you want to go a little higher I suggest either: Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 or the new Pioneer DDJ-SX.

As times go by, you might want Pioneer CDJs, but it's like the "god" of the DJ equipment, it's like the standard in clubs here at Denmark. But let that be a dream for you, as for now.

With those controller linked, you can either be using Traktor or Virtual DJ, both good in their own way. I personally either just use usb-stick or plug it right into my Macbook Pro with either Rekordbox or Traktor running.

Take those words from an actually pro - Yes, I do actually earn money on this, and is employed to a discotheque. So it's not just random talk here.
If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander5270
Посмотреть сообщение
Woah, woah, woah!

First of all, Dortmund - You don't know what you're talking about.
DAW means Digital Audio Workstation - Which means it's meant for PRODUCING
You'll have to know the difference between being a producer and a DJ.

A producer uses DAWs, that's correct. (There's a excuse about Ableton, it can be used as a live DJ set aswell)
A DJ is going either just external hardware, such as USB, CD, Vinly or even programs like VDJ, Traktor or Serato, which are digital DJ software.

To Nick_Echo aka OP:
Virtual DJ is a fine piece of software for start learning, I even know a few pros using it too, but its very limited. (Doesn't really makes it bad)
I assume this is your first try at DJing, which means you shouldn't be investing all of your spare money for this, you'll have to try it out, and see if you're ready to spend money and TIME on training and clubbing.
You could start of by buying a cheap MIDI controller (USB controlled device which has both small decks aswell a mixer, it's a more compacted setup)
As for a starter I would recommend any of the Reloop controllers like: Reloop Mixage Interface Edition MK2 (Cheapest and best at its priceclass)
If you want to go a little higher I suggest either: Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4 or the new Pioneer DDJ-SX.

As times go by, you might want Pioneer CDJs, but it's like the "god" of the DJ equipment, it's like the standard in clubs here at Denmark. But let that be a dream for you, as for now.

With those controller linked, you can either be using Traktor or Virtual DJ, both good in their own way. I personally either just use usb-stick or plug it right into my Macbook Pro with either Rekordbox or Traktor running.

Take those words from an actually pro - Yes, I do actually earn money on this, and is employed to a discotheque. So it's not just random talk here.
If you have more questions feel free to ask.
Yes.. I do know what I'm talking about.. I'm a producer..

I know people use DAW's for creating a mix, which is what I meant and "here's a excuse about Ableton, it can be used as a live DJ set aswell".. is what I was trying to say..

I can assure you, I know what I'm talking about. Don't be so quick to judge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes.. I do know what I'm talking about.. I'm a producer..
About everyone calls himself a producer nowadays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dortmund
Посмотреть сообщение
That means nothing. He was merely asking for opinions and advice, there may be, believe it or not, people on here who are music producers who sometimes DJ at shows or DJ's themselves. It's a very large community.

I wouldn't suggest using Virtual DJ. You can use DAW's too. Ableton seems pretty popular and so does FL Studio.
I'm already pretty good, I used virtual DJ, but I dont want to dj only on a laptop..

I want to be a 'laptop' dj if that makes sense. Like a playlist on the laptop, connected to 2 turntables and a mixer. What ones should I get?

Btw fl studio is for producers, have done that too